Syracuse @ Pittsburgh
Current Records: Syracuse 9-10; Pittsburgh 7-12
What to Know
The Pittsburgh Panthers and the Syracuse Orange are set to square off in an ACC matchup at 8 p.m. ET Jan. 25 at Petersen Events Center. Both teams were wiped off the court in their previous games and will be looking to bounce back in a big way.
Pitt suffered a grim 75-48 defeat to the Clemson Tigers this past Saturday. Forward John Hugley (15 points) was the top scorer for the Panthers.
Meanwhile, a victory for 'Cuse just wasn't in the stars this past Saturday as the team never even grasped a temporary lead. They found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unfortunate 79-59 punch to the gut against the Duke Blue Devils. Guard Buddy Boeheim wasn't much of a difference maker for 'Cuse; Boeheim finished with only seven points on 2-for-15 shooting in his 32 minutes on the court.
Pitt is expected to lose this next one by 4.5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 8-4 against the spread when expected to lose.
Pitt is now 7-12 while the Orange sit at 9-10. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Panthers are fourth worst in college basketball in points per game, with only 61.6 on average. 'Cuse has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the game with the 25th most points allowed per game in college basketball, having given up 75.9 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Petersen Events Center -- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- TV: ACC Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $17.97
The Orange are a 4.5-point favorite against the Panthers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 4.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Syracuse have won nine out of their last 15 games against Pittsburgh.
- Jan 11, 2022 - Syracuse 77 vs. Pittsburgh 61
- Jan 16, 2021 - Pittsburgh 96 vs. Syracuse 76
- Jan 06, 2021 - Pittsburgh 63 vs. Syracuse 60
- Feb 26, 2020 - Syracuse 72 vs. Pittsburgh 49
- Jan 25, 2020 - Syracuse 69 vs. Pittsburgh 61
- Mar 13, 2019 - Syracuse 73 vs. Pittsburgh 59
- Feb 02, 2019 - Syracuse 65 vs. Pittsburgh 56
- Jan 19, 2019 - Syracuse 74 vs. Pittsburgh 63
- Jan 27, 2018 - Syracuse 60 vs. Pittsburgh 55
- Jan 16, 2018 - Syracuse 59 vs. Pittsburgh 45
- Feb 11, 2017 - Pittsburgh 80 vs. Syracuse 75
- Jan 07, 2017 - Syracuse 77 vs. Pittsburgh 66
- Mar 09, 2016 - Pittsburgh 72 vs. Syracuse 71
- Feb 20, 2016 - Pittsburgh 66 vs. Syracuse 52
- Dec 30, 2015 - Pittsburgh 72 vs. Syracuse 61
Injury Report for Pittsburgh
- Ithiel Horton: Game-Time Decision (Suspension)
- Nike Sibande: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Syracuse
- Niko Ruffin: Game-Time Decision (Lower Leg)
- Symir Torrence: Out (Knee)