Boise State @ San Diego State
Current Records: Boise State 14-4; San Diego State 10-3
What to Know
The Boise State Broncos haven't won a game against the San Diego State Aztecs since Jan. 5 of 2019, but they'll be looking to end the drought this past Saturday. Boise State and San Diego State will face off in a Mountain West battle at 9:30 p.m. ET at Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
The Broncos skirted by the Utah State Aggies 62-59 this past Thursday thanks to a clutch half-court bomb from guard Marcus Shaver Jr. with 0:03 remaining. Boise State can attribute much of their success to forward Mladen Armus, who posted a double-double on 22 points and 19 rebounds.
Meanwhile, everything went San Diego State's way against the Colorado State Rams three weeks ago as they made off with a 79-49 win. The oddsmakers were on San Diego State's side, but they didn't give the squad enough credit as the margin was unexpectedly wide. Five players on the Aztecs scored in the double digits: guard Matt Bradley (26), forward Chad Baker (14), guard Lamont Butler (11), forward Keshad Johnson (10), and forward Aguek Arop (10).
The wins brought the Broncos up to 14-4 and San Diego State to 10-3. A pair of defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Boise State ranks 13th in college basketball when it comes to points allowed per game, with only 59.1 on average. But San Diego State is even better: they enter the matchup with only 57.5 points allowed per game on average, good for fourth best in college basketball. We'll see if that edge gives San Diego State a route to victory.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 9:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl -- San Diego, California
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
- Ticket Cost: $33.00
The Aztecs are a 4.5-point favorite against the Broncos, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 4.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
San Diego State have won nine out of their last 13 games against Boise State.
- Feb 27, 2021 - San Diego State 62 vs. Boise State 58
- Feb 25, 2021 - San Diego State 78 vs. Boise State 66
- Mar 06, 2020 - San Diego State 81 vs. Boise State 68
- Feb 16, 2020 - San Diego State 72 vs. Boise State 55
- Jan 11, 2020 - San Diego State 83 vs. Boise State 65
- Feb 16, 2019 - San Diego State 71 vs. Boise State 65
- Jan 05, 2019 - Boise State 88 vs. San Diego State 64
- Feb 27, 2018 - San Diego State 72 vs. Boise State 64
- Jan 13, 2018 - Boise State 83 vs. San Diego State 80
- Mar 09, 2017 - San Diego State 87 vs. Boise State 68
- Jan 07, 2017 - Boise State 78 vs. San Diego State 66
- Feb 27, 2016 - Boise State 66 vs. San Diego State 63
- Jan 16, 2016 - San Diego State 56 vs. Boise State 53
Injury Report for San Diego State
- Joshua Tomaic: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Adam Seiko: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Jaedon LeDee: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Boise State
- Kobe Young: Out (Not Injury Related)
- RJ Keene: Out (Not Injury Related)