Louisville @ Virginia
Regular Season Records: Louisville 14-18; Virginia 18-12
What to Know
The Louisville Cardinals haven't won a game against the Virginia Cavaliers since Feb. 8 of 2020, but they'll be looking to end the drought on Wednesday. U of L and Virginia are set to clash at 9:30 p.m. ET March 9 at Barclays Center in the second round of the Atlantic Coast Conference Tourney.
The Cardinals earned some postseason bragging rights after a successful outing on Tuesday. They beat the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 84-74. U of L's guard Jarrod West looked sharp as he had 20 points.
Virginia is hoping for another win. They took their contest against U of L on Saturday 71-61. The Cavaliers got double-digit scores from four players: forward Kadin Shedrick (20), guard Reece Beekman (15), guard Armaan Franklin (13), and guard Kody Stattmann (11). Shedrick had some trouble finding his footing against the Florida State Seminoles two weeks ago, so this was a step in the right direction. Kadin Shedrick's points were the most he has had all year.
The Cardinals are expected to lose this next one by 6. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn't have high expectations for them since the team is 2-9 ATS when expected to lose.
A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: U of L is 41st worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only 11.1 on average. To make matters even worse for U of L, Virginia comes into the matchup boasting the 10th fewest turnovers per game in college basketball at 9.8. So the cards are definitely stacked in Virginia's favor.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 9:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center -- Brooklyn, New York
- TV: ESPN2
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Cavaliers are a solid 6-point favorite against the Cardinals, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Cavaliers as a 5.5-point favorite.
Virginia have won 13 out of their last 14 games against Louisville.
- Mar 05, 2022 - Virginia 71 vs. Louisville 61
- Jan 24, 2022 - Virginia 64 vs. Louisville 52
- Mar 06, 2021 - Virginia 68 vs. Louisville 58
- Mar 07, 2020 - Virginia 57 vs. Louisville 54
- Feb 08, 2020 - Louisville 80 vs. Virginia 73
- Mar 09, 2019 - Virginia 73 vs. Louisville 68
- Feb 23, 2019 - Virginia 64 vs. Louisville 52
- Mar 08, 2018 - Virginia 75 vs. Louisville 58
- Mar 01, 2018 - Virginia 67 vs. Louisville 66
- Jan 31, 2018 - Virginia 74 vs. Louisville 64
- Feb 06, 2017 - Virginia 71 vs. Louisville 55
- Dec 28, 2016 - Virginia 61 vs. Louisville 53
- Mar 05, 2016 - Virginia 68 vs. Louisville 46
- Jan 30, 2016 - Virginia 63 vs. Louisville 47
Injury Report for VirginiaNo Injury Information
Injury Report for Louisville
- Jae'Lyn Withers: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Dre Davis: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Mike James: Out for the Season (Achilles)