Rider @ Canisius
Current Records: Rider 5-11; Canisius 5-12
What to Know
After three games on the road, the Canisius Golden Griffins are heading back home. The Golden Griffins and the Rider Broncs will face off in an MAAC battle at 7 p.m. ET Friday at Koessler Athletic Center. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this matchup.
Canisius came up short against the St. Peter's Peacocks on Tuesday, falling 65-57.
Meanwhile, Rider was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap on Wednesday as they fell 73-67 to the Quinnipiac Bobcats.
Canisius is the favorite in this one, with an expected 4.5-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are 0-3 against the spread when favored.
Canisius was close but no cigar when the two teams previously met in March of last year as they fell 78-76 to Rider. The loss knocked the Golden Griffins out of the playoffs, so expect them to come at the Broncs with a vengeful fire.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Koessler Athletic Center -- Buffalo, New York
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $31.50
The Golden Griffins are a 4.5-point favorite against the Broncs, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 4.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Rider have won six out of their last 11 games against Canisius.
- Mar 08, 2021 - Rider 78 vs. Canisius 76
- Feb 07, 2020 - Rider 61 vs. Canisius 60
- Jan 19, 2020 - Canisius 95 vs. Rider 86
- Feb 08, 2019 - Canisius 81 vs. Rider 80
- Jan 11, 2019 - Rider 82 vs. Canisius 73
- Feb 18, 2018 - Rider 83 vs. Canisius 82
- Dec 29, 2017 - Canisius 77 vs. Rider 76
- Feb 17, 2017 - Canisius 85 vs. Rider 77
- Jan 30, 2017 - Rider 72 vs. Canisius 66
- Feb 07, 2016 - Canisius 67 vs. Rider 61
- Jan 31, 2016 - Rider 79 vs. Canisius 68