George Washington @ Rhode Island
Current Records: George Washington 5-11; Rhode Island 12-4
What to Know
The Rhode Island Rams and the George Washington Colonials are set to square off in an Atlantic 10 matchup at 12:30 p.m. ET Jan. 22 at Thomas M. Ryan Center. The Rams are out to keep their eight-game home win streak alive.
It was a close one, but on Wednesday Rhode Island sidestepped the La Salle Explorers for a 56-54 victory. The overall outcome was to be expected, but the Explorers made it more of a contest than the oddsmakers had predicted.
Meanwhile, the game between George Washington and the Saint Joseph's Hawks on Wednesday was not a total blowout, but with the Colonials falling 72-61 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one. Guard James Bishop had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with only eight points on 3-for-11 shooting and turning the ball over four times in his 31 minutes on the court.
This next matchup looks promising for the Rams, who are favored by a full 15 points. There could be an interesting gambling play in this one, as they have done quite well against the spread at home this season while George Washington have struggled against the spread on the road.
Rhode Island is now 12-4 while George Washington sits at 5-11. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Rhode Island have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 37.10%, which places them fourth in college basketball. Less enviably, the Colonials have only been able to knock down 41.30% percent of their shots, which is the 41st lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. So the cards are definitely stacked against George Washington.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 12:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Thomas M. Ryan Center -- Kingston, Rhode Island
- TV: USA Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $27.47
The Rams are a big 15-point favorite against the Colonials, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Rams as a 15.5-point favorite.
Rhode Island have won four out of their last six games against George Washington.
- Feb 21, 2021 - George Washington 78 vs. Rhode Island 70
- Feb 08, 2020 - Rhode Island 82 vs. George Washington 51
- Feb 26, 2019 - Rhode Island 80 vs. George Washington 53
- Jan 06, 2018 - Rhode Island 81 vs. George Washington 60
- Jan 31, 2017 - Rhode Island 82 vs. George Washington 70
- Jan 22, 2016 - George Washington 62 vs. Rhode Island 58
Injury Report for Rhode Island
- Allen Betrand: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Abdou Samb: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for George Washington
- Noel Brown: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Ricky Lindo Jr.: Out (Undisclosed)
- Ira Lee: Out for the Season (Kneecap)