Washington @ Southern California
Current Records: Washington 13-10; Southern California 21-4
What to Know
The #17 Southern California Trojans won both of their matches against the Washington Huskies last season (95-68 and 69-54) and are aiming for the same result on Thursday. The Trojans will play host again and welcome Washington to Galen Center, where tip-off is scheduled for 11:30 p.m. ET. Coming off of a win even when the odds were against them, USC has to be feeling especially confident now that the spread is in their favor.
It was a close one, but on Saturday USC sidestepped the UCLA Bruins for a 67-64 win. Guard Drew Peterson took over for USC, finishing with 27 points (a whopping 40% of their total) along with 12 boards and five blocks.
Meanwhile, the oddsmakers predicted a rough matchup for Washington on Saturday, and boy were they were right. They suffered a grim 92-68 defeat to the Arizona Wildcats. The losing side was boosted by guard Terrell Brown Jr., who had 29 points in addition to five rebounds.
This next contest looks promising for the Trojans, who are favored by a full 11.5 points. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with USC, who are 13-12 against the spread.
USC is now 21-4 while Washington sits at 13-10. Two numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: USC is stumbling into the game with the 10th fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only 10.2 on average. To make matters even worse for USC, the Huskies rank 17th in college basketball when it comes to takeaways, with 16.7 on average. Maybe that strength will give Washington the oomph they need to beat the odds.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 11:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Galen Center -- Los Angeles, California
- TV: Pac-12 Networks
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $8.64
The Trojans are a big 11.5-point favorite against the Huskies, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Trojans as a 10.5-point favorite.
Southern California have won seven out of their last 12 games against Washington.
- Feb 11, 2021 - Southern California 69 vs. Washington 54
- Jan 14, 2021 - Southern California 95 vs. Washington 68
- Feb 13, 2020 - Southern California 62 vs. Washington 56
- Jan 05, 2020 - Washington 72 vs. Southern California 40
- Mar 14, 2019 - Washington 78 vs. Southern California 75
- Jan 30, 2019 - Washington 75 vs. Southern California 62
- Dec 29, 2017 - Washington 88 vs. Southern California 81
- Mar 08, 2017 - Southern California 78 vs. Washington 73
- Mar 04, 2017 - Southern California 74 vs. Washington 58
- Feb 01, 2017 - Southern California 82 vs. Washington 74
- Jan 30, 2016 - Southern California 98 vs. Washington 88
- Jan 03, 2016 - Washington 87 vs. Southern California 85
Injury Report for Southern California
- Isaiah Mobley: Game-Time Decision (Concussion)
Injury Report for Washington
- Daejon Davis: Game-Time Decision (Shoulder)
- Samuel Ariyibi: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)