Middle Tenn. @ Charlotte
Current Records: Middle Tenn. 1-2; Charlotte 2-1
What to Know
The Middle Tenn. Blue Raiders are on the road again Friday and play against the Charlotte 49ers at 6:30 p.m. ET Sept. 24 at Jerry Richardson Stadium. The point spread is more or less neutral, so fans should expect a close game.
The Blue Raiders came up short against the UTSA Roadrunners last week, falling 27-13.
Meanwhile, it was all tied up 7-7 at halftime, but Charlotte was not quite the Georgia State Panthers' equal in the second half when they met last week. The 49ers fell to Georgia State 20-9.
The losses put Middle Tenn. at 1-2 and Charlotte at a reciprocal 2-1. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: Middle Tenn. is 237th worst in the nation in rushing yards per game, with only 54.3 on average. Charlotte has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the contest with the 237th most rushing yards allowed per game in the nation, having given up 266 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 6:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Jerry Richardson Stadium -- Charlotte, North Carolina
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
- Ticket Cost: $23.99
The 49ers are a 3-point favorite against the Blue Raiders, according to the latest college football odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the 49ers as a 2.5-point favorite.
Middle Tenn. have won four out of their last five games against Charlotte.
- Nov 02, 2019 - Charlotte 34 vs. Middle Tenn. 20
- Oct 20, 2018 - Middle Tenn. 21 vs. Charlotte 13
- Nov 11, 2017 - Middle Tenn. 35 vs. Charlotte 21
- Nov 19, 2016 - Middle Tenn. 38 vs. Charlotte 31
- Sep 19, 2015 - Middle Tenn. 73 vs. Charlotte 14