The year is coming to an end and UFC has one pay-per-view left on its 2023 calendar. Welterweight champion Leon Edwards vs. Colby Covington headlines the Dec. 16 card in Las Vegas with support from Alexandre Pantoja vs. Brandon Royval for the flyweight crown.
It's been a long, long time since Edwards has tasted defeat. England's second UFC champion is unbeaten dating back to a 2015 setback against Kamaru Usman that he has since avenged twice. The trilogy is behind him and Edwards looks ahead to new challenges. It feels like Covington has curried favor with UFC matchmakers, being granted a third undisputed title shot despite his flimsy case. Covington is 3-2 with wins over three fighters who have since retired. Covington's most impressive performances were arguably close, losing efforts to Usman in title fights.
Can't get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news.
Pantoja vs. Royval should be an action-packed co-main event. Pantoja captured the flyweight championship from Brandon Moreno in a grueling five-round split decision at UFC 290 that earned Fight of the Night honors. Royval is on a three-fight winning streak since losing to Pantoja with back-to-back bonuses. Aiding the two title fights in star power is the "Twilight Zone" pairing of Paddy Pimblett vs. Tony Ferguson. Pimblett returns one year after injury and a questionable win over Jared Gordon. Ferguson is in the midst of a violent freefall, going from a 12-fight winning streak to a six-fight losing stretch.
Below is the complete fight card for UFC 296 along with the latest odds. Check back all week long for the latest news, features and other content around this massive event.
UFC 296 fight card, odds
- Leon Edwards (c) -130 vs. Colby Covington +110, welterweight title
- Alexandre Pantoja (c) -240 vs. Brandon Royval +195, flyweight title
- Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. Stephen Thompson, welterweights
- Paddy Pimblett vs. Tony Ferguson, lightweights
- Ian Machado Garry vs. Vicente Luque, welterweights
- Giga Chikadze vs Josh Emmett, featherweights
- Irene Aldana vs. Karol Rosa, women's bantamweights
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Brian Kelleher, bantamweights
- Casey O'Neill vs. Ariane Lipski, women's flyweights
- Dustin Jacoby vs. Alonzo Menifield, light heavyweights
- Martin Buday vs. Shamil Gaziev, heavyweights
- Tagir Ulanbekov vs. Cody Durden, flyweights
- Randy Brown vs. Muslim Salikhov, welterweights
UFC 296 info
- Date: Dec. 16
- Location: T-Mobile Arena -- Las Vegas
- Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main card)
- How to watch: ESPN+ PPV