Memphis @ Chicago
Current Records: Memphis 27-26; Chicago 22-32
What to Know
The Chicago Bulls' homestand continues as they prepare to take on the Memphis Grizzlies at 8 p.m. ET April 16 at United Center. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they'll have plenty of motivation to get the 'W.'
Chicago came up short against the Orlando Magic on Wednesday, falling 115-106. The Bulls were down 93-72 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Chicago's loss came about despite a quality game from center Nikola Vucevic, who shot 5-for-8 from beyond the arc and finished with a double-double on 29 points and 11 boards.
Meanwhile, Memphis lost 114-113 to the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday on a last-minute jumper from Dallas' point guard Luka Doncic as the clock expired. Memphis' defeat shouldn't obscure the performances of shooting guard Grayson Allen, who shot 6-for-11 from downtown and finished with 23 points, and center Jonas Valanciunas, who dropped a double-double on 19 points and 15 rebounds. That makes it 23 consecutive games in which Valanciunas has had at least ten rebounds.
Chicago is expected to lose this next one by 4.5. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past four games, so buyers beware.
The Bulls are now 22-32 while the Grizzlies sit at 27-26. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: Chicago has allowed their opponents an average of 8.5 steals per game, the fourth most in the league. To make matters even worse for Chicago, Memphis ranks first in the league when it comes to steals per game, with 9.43 on average. In other words, Chicago will need to work extra hard to take care of the ball.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: United Center -- Chicago, Illinois
- TV: Bally Sports - Southeast
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Grizzlies are a 4.5-point favorite against the Bulls, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Grizzlies as a 3.5-point favorite.
Chicago have won eight out of their last 11 games against Memphis.
- Apr 12, 2021 - Memphis 101 vs. Chicago 90
- Dec 04, 2019 - Chicago 106 vs. Memphis 99
- Oct 25, 2019 - Chicago 110 vs. Memphis 102
- Feb 27, 2019 - Chicago 109 vs. Memphis 107
- Feb 13, 2019 - Chicago 122 vs. Memphis 110
- Mar 15, 2018 - Chicago 111 vs. Memphis 110
- Mar 07, 2018 - Chicago 119 vs. Memphis 110
- Mar 15, 2017 - Memphis 98 vs. Chicago 91
- Jan 15, 2017 - Chicago 108 vs. Memphis 104
- Apr 05, 2016 - Memphis 108 vs. Chicago 92
- Dec 16, 2015 - Chicago 98 vs. Memphis 85