Through 3 Quarters
The Boston Celtics were expected to win this one, and they are just one quarter away from fulfilling that expectation. After three quarters it's looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Toronto Raptors as the Celtics lead 80-68.
Center Robert Williams III has led the way so far for Boston, as he has posted a double-double on 14 points and 12 boards. Toronto has been led by power forward Scottie Barnes, who so far has 17 points and four assists in addition to seven rebounds. Barnes does need to be careful, however, as he is in foul trouble with four.
Toronto has lost 80% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Toronto @ Boston
Current Records: Toronto 6-5; Boston 4-6
What to Know
The Boston Celtics will be returning home after a three-game road trip. After a few days' rest for both teams, they and the Toronto Raptors will meet up at 7:30 p.m. ET Nov. 10 at TD Garden. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
Boston lost 107-104 to the Dallas Mavericks this past Saturday on a last-minute jumper from Dallas' point guard Luka Doncic as the clock expired. A silver lining for the Celtics was the play of small forward Jayson Tatum, who shot 6-for-8 from beyond the arc and finished with a double-double on 32 points and 11 rebounds. Tatum's performance made up for a slower game against the Miami Heat last Thursday.
Meanwhile, the matchup between Toronto and the Brooklyn Nets on Sunday was not particularly close, with Toronto falling 116-103. Despite the loss, Toronto got a solid performance out of shooting guard Fred VanVleet, who had 21 points and eight assists.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Boston is expected to win a tight contest Wednesday. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a three-game streak of ATS wins.
The Celtics were pulverized by the Raptors 115-83 in the teams' previous meeting in October. Can Boston avenge their defeat, or is history doomed to repeat itself? We'll soon find out.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: TD Garden -- Boston, Massachusetts
- TV: NBC Sports Boston
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $19.76
The Celtics are a 3-point favorite against the Raptors, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Celtics as a 2-point favorite.
Boston have won 16 out of their last 31 games against Toronto.
- Oct 22, 2021 - Toronto 115 vs. Boston 83
- Mar 04, 2021 - Boston 132 vs. Toronto 125
- Feb 11, 2021 - Boston 120 vs. Toronto 106
- Jan 04, 2021 - Boston 126 vs. Toronto 114
- Sep 11, 2020 - Boston 92 vs. Toronto 87
- Sep 09, 2020 - Toronto 125 vs. Boston 122
- Sep 07, 2020 - Boston 111 vs. Toronto 89
- Sep 05, 2020 - Toronto 100 vs. Boston 93
- Sep 03, 2020 - Toronto 104 vs. Boston 103
- Sep 01, 2020 - Boston 102 vs. Toronto 99
- Aug 30, 2020 - Boston 112 vs. Toronto 94
- Aug 07, 2020 - Boston 122 vs. Toronto 100
- Dec 28, 2019 - Toronto 113 vs. Boston 97
- Dec 25, 2019 - Boston 118 vs. Toronto 102
- Oct 25, 2019 - Boston 112 vs. Toronto 106
- Feb 26, 2019 - Toronto 118 vs. Boston 95
- Jan 16, 2019 - Boston 117 vs. Toronto 108
- Nov 16, 2018 - Boston 123 vs. Toronto 116
- Oct 19, 2018 - Toronto 113 vs. Boston 101
- Apr 04, 2018 - Toronto 96 vs. Boston 78
- Mar 31, 2018 - Boston 110 vs. Toronto 99
- Feb 06, 2018 - Toronto 111 vs. Boston 91
- Nov 12, 2017 - Boston 95 vs. Toronto 94
- Feb 24, 2017 - Toronto 107 vs. Boston 97
- Feb 01, 2017 - Boston 109 vs. Toronto 104
- Jan 10, 2017 - Toronto 114 vs. Boston 106
- Dec 09, 2016 - Toronto 101 vs. Boston 94
- Mar 23, 2016 - Boston 91 vs. Toronto 79
- Mar 18, 2016 - Toronto 105 vs. Boston 91
- Jan 20, 2016 - Toronto 115 vs. Boston 109
- Oct 30, 2015 - Toronto 113 vs. Boston 103
Injury Report for Boston
- Brodric Thomas: Out (Shoulder)
- Jaylen Brown: Out (Hamstring)
Injury Report for Toronto
- Yuta Watanabe: Out (Calf)
- Khem Birch: Out (Knee)