Through 3 Quarters
The Memphis Grizzlies are just one quarter away from delivering their fans the win they've been expecting. Neither squad has the game in the bag, but the Grizz leads 80-79 over the Portland Trail Blazers.
Memphis has been riding high on the performance of small forward Dillon Brooks, who has 27 points. One thing to keep an eye out for is Jaren Jackson Jr.'s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Portland has been led by point guard Damian Lillard, who so far has 26 points.
The Trail Blazers haven't lost 89% of the games in which they were down heading into the final period this season, so a win here would be refreshing.
Portland @ Memphis
Current Records: Portland 12-18; Memphis 19-11
What to Know
The Portland Trail Blazers have enjoyed the comforts of home their last four games, but now they must head out on the road. They will square off against the Memphis Grizzlies at 6 p.m. ET Sunday at FedExForum. Expect the scorekeeper to be kept busy: if their previous games are any indication, Rip City and Memphis will really light up the scoreboard.
The Trail Blazers netted a 125-116 win over the Charlotte Hornets this past Friday. Portland's point guard Damian Lillard did his thing and shot 6-for-11 from downtown and finished with 43 points and eight dimes.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the matchup between Memphis and the Sacramento Kings this past Friday was still a pretty decisive one as Memphis wrapped it up with a 124-105 victory on the road. Memphis' shooting guard De'Anthony Melton looked sharp as he had 19 points.
Rip City is expected to lose this next one by 4.5. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn't have high expectations for them since the team is 1-6 ATS when expected to lose.
The wins brought Rip City up to 12-18 and the Grizz to 19-11. A couple stats to keep an eye on: Rip City is fourth worst in the league in points allowed per game, with 111.4 on average. The Grizzlies' offense has more to brag about, as they they come into the contest boasting the third most points per game in the league at 111.5. The Trail Blazers might struggle to break 100.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum -- Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: Bally Sports SouthEast Memphis
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $7.27
The Grizzlies are a 4.5-point favorite against the Trail Blazers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 4.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Portland have won 12 out of their last 23 games against Memphis.
- Dec 15, 2021 - Memphis 113 vs. Portland 103
- Oct 27, 2021 - Portland 116 vs. Memphis 96
- Apr 28, 2021 - Portland 130 vs. Memphis 109
- Apr 25, 2021 - Memphis 120 vs. Portland 113
- Apr 23, 2021 - Memphis 130 vs. Portland 128
- Aug 15, 2020 - Portland 126 vs. Memphis 122
- Jul 31, 2020 - Portland 140 vs. Memphis 135
- Feb 12, 2020 - Memphis 111 vs. Portland 104
- Apr 03, 2019 - Portland 116 vs. Memphis 89
- Mar 05, 2019 - Memphis 120 vs. Portland 111
- Dec 19, 2018 - Portland 99 vs. Memphis 92
- Dec 12, 2018 - Memphis 92 vs. Portland 83
- Apr 01, 2018 - Portland 113 vs. Memphis 98
- Mar 28, 2018 - Memphis 108 vs. Portland 103
- Nov 20, 2017 - Portland 100 vs. Memphis 92
- Nov 07, 2017 - Memphis 98 vs. Portland 97
- Jan 27, 2017 - Portland 112 vs. Memphis 109
- Dec 08, 2016 - Memphis 88 vs. Portland 86
- Nov 06, 2016 - Portland 100 vs. Memphis 94
- Feb 08, 2016 - Portland 112 vs. Memphis 106
- Jan 04, 2016 - Memphis 91 vs. Portland 78
- Nov 13, 2015 - Memphis 101 vs. Portland 100
- Nov 05, 2015 - Portland 115 vs. Memphis 96
Injury Report for Memphis
- Brandon Clarke: Out (Knee)
- Santi Aldama: Out (Calf)
- Sam Merrill: Out (Ankle)
- Ziaire Williams: Out (Ankle)
- Ja Morant: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Portland
- CJ McCollum: Out (Chest)
- Cody Zeller: Out (Kneecap)