Through 3 Quarters
The Atlanta Hawks were expected to win this one, and so far that's exactly how it's playing out. They have emerged as the frontrunner after three quarters and are ahead of the Orlando Magic 93-84.
Atlanta has been riding high on the performance of center Clint Capela, who has dropped a double-double on 13 points and 12 rebounds along with two blocks. This makes it four consecutive games in which Capela has had at least 12 rebounds.
Point guard Cole Anthony has led the way so far for Orlando, as he has posted a double-double on 25 points and ten assists.
Orlando @ Atlanta
Current Records: Orlando 3-10; Atlanta 5-9
What to Know
The Atlanta Hawks are getting right back to it as they host the Orlando Magic at 7:30 p.m. ET Nov. 15 at State Farm Arena. Atlanta will be strutting in after a victory while Orlando will be stumbling in from a loss.
The Hawks took their contest against the Milwaukee Bucks on Sunday by a conclusive 120-100 score. The oddsmakers were on Atlanta's side, but they didn't give the team enough credit as the margin was unexpectedly wide. Their point guard Trae Young did his thing and shot 8-for-13 from downtown and almost finished with a triple-double on 42 points, ten dimes, and eight boards.
Meanwhile, Orlando lost to the Washington Wizards at home by a decisive 104-92 margin. Orlando was down 82-59 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Small forward Franz Wagner had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 34 minutes but putting up just eight points on 2-for-11 shooting.
This next matchup looks promising for the Hawks, who are favored by a full 10.5 points. Those who got lucky with them against the spread on Sunday might want to hold off on placing bets this time since the squad has yet to string together back-to-back wins against the spread.
Everything went Atlanta's way against the Magic when the two teams previously met in May as they made off with a 116-93 win. Will Atlanta repeat their success, or does Orlando have a better game plan this time around? We'll find out soon enough.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: State Farm Arena -- Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: Bally Sports - Southeast
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $12.00
The Hawks are a big 10.5-point favorite against the Magic, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 10.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Orlando have won 12 out of their last 23 games against Atlanta.
- May 13, 2021 - Atlanta 116 vs. Orlando 93
- Apr 20, 2021 - Atlanta 112 vs. Orlando 96
- Mar 03, 2021 - Atlanta 115 vs. Orlando 112
- Feb 26, 2020 - Orlando 130 vs. Atlanta 120
- Feb 10, 2020 - Orlando 135 vs. Atlanta 126
- Dec 30, 2019 - Atlanta 101 vs. Orlando 93
- Oct 26, 2019 - Atlanta 103 vs. Orlando 99
- Apr 05, 2019 - Orlando 149 vs. Atlanta 113
- Mar 17, 2019 - Orlando 101 vs. Atlanta 91
- Feb 10, 2019 - Orlando 124 vs. Atlanta 108
- Jan 21, 2019 - Orlando 122 vs. Atlanta 103
- Apr 01, 2018 - Atlanta 94 vs. Orlando 88
- Feb 08, 2018 - Orlando 100 vs. Atlanta 98
- Dec 09, 2017 - Atlanta 117 vs. Orlando 110
- Dec 06, 2017 - Orlando 110 vs. Atlanta 106
- Feb 25, 2017 - Orlando 105 vs. Atlanta 86
- Feb 04, 2017 - Atlanta 113 vs. Orlando 86
- Jan 04, 2017 - Atlanta 111 vs. Orlando 92
- Dec 13, 2016 - Orlando 131 vs. Atlanta 120
- Feb 08, 2016 - Orlando 117 vs. Atlanta 110
- Feb 07, 2016 - Orlando 96 vs. Atlanta 94
- Jan 18, 2016 - Atlanta 98 vs. Orlando 81
- Dec 20, 2015 - Atlanta 103 vs. Orlando 100
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Onyeka Okongwu: Out (Shoulder)
- De'Andre Hunter: Out (Wrist)
Injury Report for Orlando
- E'Twaun Moore: Out (Knee)
- Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Ankle)
- Jalen Suggs: Out (Ankle)
- Jonathan Isaac: Out (Knee)
- Markelle Fultz: Out (Knee)