Sacramento @ Atlanta
Current Records: Sacramento 18-31; Atlanta 21-25
What to Know
The Atlanta Hawks will take on the Sacramento Kings at 7:30 p.m. ET Wednesday at State Farm Arena after having had a few days off. Atlanta will be strutting in after a victory while Sacramento will be stumbling in from a loss.
You can't lose the game if you win every quarter, and that was precisely the Hawks' strategy against the Charlotte Hornets on Sunday. Atlanta made easy work of Charlotte and carried off a 113-91 win. The contest was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Atlanta had established an 85-66 advantage. It was another big night for their point guard Trae Young, who shot 8-for-15 from downtown and finished with 30 points.
Meanwhile, it's never fun to lose, and it's even less fun to lose 128-75, which was the final score in Sacramento's tilt against the Boston Celtics on Tuesday. The Kings were in a tough position by the half, with the score already sitting at 63-30. Power forward Harrison Barnes had a rough night: he played for 29 minutes but put up just four points on 1-for-12 shooting.
The Hawks are the favorite in this one, with an expected 7.5-point margin of victory. They are currently four-for-four against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Atlanta didn't have too much breathing room in their matchup with Sacramento in the teams' previous meeting earlier this month, but they still walked away with a 108-102 win. Will Atlanta repeat their success, or does Sacramento have a better game plan this time around? We'll find out soon enough.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: State Farm Arena -- Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: Bally Sports - Southeast
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $16.49
The Hawks are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Kings, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 7.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Sacramento have won seven out of their last 12 games against Atlanta.
- Jan 05, 2022 - Atlanta 108 vs. Sacramento 102
- Mar 24, 2021 - Sacramento 110 vs. Atlanta 108
- Mar 13, 2021 - Atlanta 121 vs. Sacramento 106
- Nov 08, 2019 - Sacramento 121 vs. Atlanta 109
- Jan 30, 2019 - Sacramento 135 vs. Atlanta 113
- Nov 01, 2018 - Sacramento 146 vs. Atlanta 115
- Mar 22, 2018 - Sacramento 105 vs. Atlanta 90
- Nov 15, 2017 - Atlanta 126 vs. Sacramento 80
- Feb 10, 2017 - Sacramento 108 vs. Atlanta 107
- Oct 31, 2016 - Atlanta 106 vs. Sacramento 95
- Jan 21, 2016 - Sacramento 91 vs. Atlanta 88
- Nov 18, 2015 - Atlanta 103 vs. Sacramento 97