Through 3 Quarters
The Portland Trail Blazers typically have all the answers at home, but the Utah Jazz are posing a tough problem. Three quarters in and Utah's offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Trail Blazers 94-84 three quarters in.
Utah has been riding high on the performance of shooting guard Donovan Mitchell, who has 23 points and five assists in addition to four steals. Shooting guard Anfernee Simons (19 points) has been the top scorer for Portland.
Portland has lost 83% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Portland @ Utah
Current Records: Portland 10-10; Utah 13-7
What to Know
The Portland Trail Blazers and the Utah Jazz are even-steven against one another since November of 2015 (11-11), but not for long. The Trail Blazers will take on Utah at 9 p.m. ET Monday at Vivint Arena after having had a few days off. Utah should still be feeling good after a big win, while Portland will be looking to right the ship.
Portland ended up a good deal behind the Golden State Warriors when they played this past Friday, losing 118-103. Portland was down 91-70 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. The losing side was boosted by shooting guard Anfernee Simons, who shot 5-for-10 from downtown and finished with 19 points and six rebounds.
Meanwhile, the Jazz took their contest against the New Orleans Pelicans this past Saturday by a conclusive 127-105 score. With Utah ahead 64-45 at the half, the game was all but over already. The top scorers for Utah were shooting guard Donovan Mitchell (21 points), point guard Mike Conley (20 points), and point guard Jordan Clarkson (20 points). Clarkson had some trouble finding his footing against New Orleans this past Friday, so this was a step in the right direction.
Portland is expected to lose this next one by 7.5. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn't have high expectations for them since the squad is 0-4 ATS when expected to lose.
Portland is now 10-10 while the Jazz sit at 13-7. Utah is 7-5 after wins this year, and Portland is 5-4 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Vivint Arena -- Salt Lake City, Utah
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $11.00
The Jazz are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Trail Blazers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 7.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Utah and Portland both have 11 wins in their last 22 games.
- May 12, 2021 - Portland 105 vs. Utah 98
- Apr 08, 2021 - Utah 122 vs. Portland 103
- Dec 23, 2020 - Utah 120 vs. Portland 100
- Feb 07, 2020 - Utah 117 vs. Portland 114
- Feb 01, 2020 - Portland 124 vs. Utah 107
- Dec 26, 2019 - Utah 121 vs. Portland 115
- Jan 30, 2019 - Portland 132 vs. Utah 105
- Jan 21, 2019 - Portland 109 vs. Utah 104
- Dec 25, 2018 - Utah 117 vs. Portland 96
- Dec 21, 2018 - Utah 120 vs. Portland 90
- Apr 11, 2018 - Portland 102 vs. Utah 93
- Feb 23, 2018 - Portland 100 vs. Utah 81
- Feb 11, 2018 - Utah 115 vs. Portland 96
- Nov 01, 2017 - Utah 112 vs. Portland 103
- Apr 08, 2017 - Portland 101 vs. Utah 86
- Apr 04, 2017 - Utah 106 vs. Portland 87
- Feb 15, 2017 - Utah 111 vs. Portland 88
- Oct 25, 2016 - Portland 113 vs. Utah 104
- Feb 21, 2016 - Portland 115 vs. Utah 111
- Jan 13, 2016 - Portland 99 vs. Utah 85
- Dec 31, 2015 - Utah 109 vs. Portland 96
- Nov 04, 2015 - Portland 108 vs. Utah 92