Portland @ Utah
Current Records: Portland 40-29; Utah 50-19
What to Know
The Portland Trail Blazers have enjoyed the comforts of home their last three games, but now they must head out on the road. The Trail Blazers and the Utah Jazz will face off in a Northwest Division battle at 9:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Vivint Smart Home Arena. Portland hasn't won a game against Utah since Feb. 1 of last year, but they'll be looking to end the drought.
Portland had enough points to win and then some against the Houston Rockets on Monday, taking their matchup 140-129. Portland's point guard Damian Lillard did his thing and shot 6-for-11 from beyond the arc and finished with 34 points, six dimes and nine rebounds. Dame's night made it five games in a row in which he has scored at least 30 points.
Meanwhile, it was close but no cigar for Utah as they fell 119-116 to the Golden State Warriors on Monday. The contest was as close as the oddsmakers predicted, but the Jazz had been the slight favorite coming in. A silver lining for them was the play of point guard Jordan Clarkson, who had 41 points in addition to seven boards.
The Trail Blazers' win brought them up to 40-29 while Utah's loss pulled them down to 50-19. Portland is 23-16 after wins this year, and Utah is 14-4 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 9:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Vivint Smart Home Arena -- Salt Lake City, Utah
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Jazz are a slight 1-point favorite against the Trail Blazers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Jazz as a 4.5-point favorite.
Utah have won 11 out of their last 21 games against Portland.
- Apr 08, 2021 - Utah 122 vs. Portland 103
- Dec 23, 2020 - Utah 120 vs. Portland 100
- Feb 07, 2020 - Utah 117 vs. Portland 114
- Feb 01, 2020 - Portland 124 vs. Utah 107
- Dec 26, 2019 - Utah 121 vs. Portland 115
- Jan 30, 2019 - Portland 132 vs. Utah 105
- Jan 21, 2019 - Portland 109 vs. Utah 104
- Dec 25, 2018 - Utah 117 vs. Portland 96
- Dec 21, 2018 - Utah 120 vs. Portland 90
- Apr 11, 2018 - Portland 102 vs. Utah 93
- Feb 23, 2018 - Portland 100 vs. Utah 81
- Feb 11, 2018 - Utah 115 vs. Portland 96
- Nov 01, 2017 - Utah 112 vs. Portland 103
- Apr 08, 2017 - Portland 101 vs. Utah 86
- Apr 04, 2017 - Utah 106 vs. Portland 87
- Feb 15, 2017 - Utah 111 vs. Portland 88
- Oct 25, 2016 - Portland 113 vs. Utah 104
- Feb 21, 2016 - Portland 115 vs. Utah 111
- Jan 13, 2016 - Portland 99 vs. Utah 85
- Dec 31, 2015 - Utah 109 vs. Portland 96
- Nov 04, 2015 - Portland 108 vs. Utah 92
Injury Report for Utah
- Mike Conley: Out (Hamstring)
- Juwan Morgan: Out (Heel)
- Donovan Mitchell: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Portland
- Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
- Nassir Little: Out (Back)