Utah @ Phoenix
Current Records: Utah 30-17; Phoenix 36-9
What to Know
The Utah Jazz haven't won a contest against the Phoenix Suns since Oct. 28 of 2019, but they'll be looking to end the drought on Monday. The Jazz might have tired legs after a matchup yesterday as they head on the road against Phoenix at 9 p.m. ET Jan. 24 at Footprint Center. The Suns should still be riding high after a victory, while Utah will be looking to regain their footing.
Utah was close but no cigar on Sunday as they fell 94-92 to the Golden State Warriors. Point guard Jordan Clarkson had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 28 minutes but putting up just nine points on 3-for-13 shooting.
Meanwhile, Phoenix was able to grind out a solid win over the Indiana Pacers this past Saturday, winning 113-103. Phoenix can attribute much of their success to point guard Chris Paul, who dropped a double-double on 18 points and 16 dimes, and center Bismack Biyombo, who posted a double-double on 21 points and 13 rebounds along with five assists. That's the third consecutive game in which Paul has had at least 11 assists.
The Jazz are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Houston Rockets Jan. 19 easily too and instead slipped up with a 116-111. In other words, don't count the Suns out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Footprint Center -- Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $16.54
The Suns are a big 12.5-point favorite against the Jazz, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Suns as a 9.5-point favorite.
Utah have won 15 out of their last 20 games against Phoenix.
- Apr 30, 2021 - Phoenix 121 vs. Utah 100
- Apr 07, 2021 - Phoenix 117 vs. Utah 113
- Dec 31, 2020 - Phoenix 106 vs. Utah 95
- Feb 24, 2020 - Phoenix 131 vs. Utah 111
- Oct 28, 2019 - Utah 96 vs. Phoenix 95
- Apr 03, 2019 - Utah 118 vs. Phoenix 97
- Mar 25, 2019 - Utah 125 vs. Phoenix 92
- Mar 13, 2019 - Utah 114 vs. Phoenix 97
- Feb 06, 2019 - Utah 116 vs. Phoenix 88
- Mar 15, 2018 - Utah 116 vs. Phoenix 88
- Feb 14, 2018 - Utah 107 vs. Phoenix 97
- Feb 02, 2018 - Utah 129 vs. Phoenix 97
- Oct 25, 2017 - Phoenix 97 vs. Utah 88
- Jan 16, 2017 - Utah 106 vs. Phoenix 101
- Dec 31, 2016 - Utah 91 vs. Phoenix 86
- Dec 06, 2016 - Utah 112 vs. Phoenix 105
- Apr 03, 2016 - Utah 101 vs. Phoenix 86
- Mar 17, 2016 - Utah 103 vs. Phoenix 69
- Feb 06, 2016 - Utah 98 vs. Phoenix 89
- Dec 21, 2015 - Utah 110 vs. Phoenix 89
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Jae Crowder: Out (Wrist)
- Deandre Ayton: Out (Ankle)
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
- Cameron Payne: Out (Wrist)
- Dario Saric: Out (Knee)
- Frank Kaminsky: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Utah
- Mike Conley: Out (Rest)
- Bojan Bogdanovic: Out (Finger)
- Royce O'Neale: Out (Knee)
- Rudy Gobert: Out (Calf)
- Joe Ingles: Out (Ankle)
- Donovan Mitchell: Out (Concussion)