Through 3 Quarters
The point spread is against the San Antonio Spurs, but thus far the points are on their side. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Golden State Warriors 99-88 three quarters in.
Small forward Lonnie Walker IV (21 points), point guard Dejounte Murray (19 points), and shooting guard Derrick White (19 points) have been the top scorers for the Spurs. A double-double would be Dejounte Murray's sixth in a row.
Golden State has been relying on the performance of point guard Stephen Curry, who has 21 points and four assists along with five rebounds.
The Warriors might be down, but they've been down at the end of the third quarter four times this season and have won 75% of those games.
San Antonio @ Golden State
Current Records: San Antonio 7-13; Golden State 19-3
What to Know
The Golden State Warriors are getting right back to it as they host the San Antonio Spurs at 8:30 p.m. ET Dec. 4 at Chase Center. After these two teams made easy work of their previous opponents, one of them is set up to suffer a discouraging change of fortune.
Golden State's matchup against the Phoenix Suns this past Friday was close at halftime, but the Warriors turned on the heat in the second half with 67 points. Golden State made easy work of Phoenix and carried off a 118-96 win. Golden State can attribute much of their success to power forward Draymond Green, who had nine points and nine assists along with nine rebounds, six steals, and three blocks, and small forward Juan Toscano-Anderson, who had 17 points and five assists in addition to five boards.
Meanwhile, the Portland Trail Blazers typically have all the answers at home, but this past Thursday San Antonio proved too difficult a challenge. The Spurs took their game on the road with ease, bagging a 114-83 victory over the Trail Blazers. With San Antonio ahead 68-47 at the half, the contest was all but over already. Point guard Dejounte Murray and shooting guard Bryn Forbes were among the main playmakers for San Antonio as the former posted a double-double on 15 points and 13 dimes along with seven boards and the latter had 18 points.
The Warriors are the favorite in this one, with an expected 9-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (14-4-1), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Their wins bumped Golden State to 19-3 and San Antonio to 7-13. With both Golden State and the Spurs swaggering in after impressive performances, it will be interesting to see which team steps up to teach the other some humility.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Chase Center -- San Francisco, California
- TV: KENS-TV 5
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $75.00
The Warriors are a big 9-point favorite against the Spurs, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Warriors as a 10-point favorite.
Golden State have won 18 out of their last 28 games against San Antonio.
- Feb 09, 2021 - Golden State 114 vs. San Antonio 91
- Feb 08, 2021 - San Antonio 105 vs. Golden State 100
- Jan 20, 2021 - Golden State 121 vs. San Antonio 99
- Dec 31, 2019 - San Antonio 117 vs. Golden State 113
- Nov 01, 2019 - San Antonio 127 vs. Golden State 110
- Mar 18, 2019 - San Antonio 111 vs. Golden State 105
- Feb 06, 2019 - Golden State 141 vs. San Antonio 102
- Nov 18, 2018 - San Antonio 104 vs. Golden State 92
- Apr 24, 2018 - Golden State 99 vs. San Antonio 91
- Apr 22, 2018 - San Antonio 103 vs. Golden State 90
- Apr 19, 2018 - Golden State 110 vs. San Antonio 97
- Apr 16, 2018 - Golden State 116 vs. San Antonio 101
- Apr 14, 2018 - Golden State 113 vs. San Antonio 92
- Mar 19, 2018 - San Antonio 89 vs. Golden State 75
- Mar 08, 2018 - Golden State 110 vs. San Antonio 107
- Feb 10, 2018 - Golden State 122 vs. San Antonio 105
- Nov 02, 2017 - Golden State 112 vs. San Antonio 92
- May 22, 2017 - Golden State 129 vs. San Antonio 115
- May 20, 2017 - Golden State 120 vs. San Antonio 108
- May 16, 2017 - Golden State 136 vs. San Antonio 100
- May 14, 2017 - Golden State 113 vs. San Antonio 111
- Mar 29, 2017 - Golden State 110 vs. San Antonio 98
- Mar 11, 2017 - San Antonio 107 vs. Golden State 85
- Oct 25, 2016 - San Antonio 129 vs. Golden State 100
- Apr 10, 2016 - Golden State 92 vs. San Antonio 86
- Apr 07, 2016 - Golden State 112 vs. San Antonio 101
- Mar 19, 2016 - San Antonio 87 vs. Golden State 79
- Jan 25, 2016 - Golden State 120 vs. San Antonio 90
Injury Report for Golden State
- Andre Iguodala: Out (Knee)
- Otto Porter Jr.: Out (Rest)
- Klay Thompson: Out (Achilles)
- James Wiseman: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for San Antonio
- Keita Bates-Diop: Out (Ankle)
- Devin Vassell: Out (Thigh)
- Zach Collins: Out (Foot)