Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Golden State Warriors and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. It's looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Phoenix Suns as the Warriors lead 83-70.
Golden State has enjoyed the tag-team combination of power forward Draymond Green and point guard Stephen Curry. The former has six points and six assists along with seven rebounds, five steals, and two blocks, while the latter has shot 6-for-11 from downtown and has recorded 23 points and five boards. One thing Golden State has working against them is foul trouble: Jordan Poole, Kevon Looney, and Otto Porter Jr. have all picked up some fouls.
Phoenix has been led by center Deandre Ayton, who so far has 21 points in addition to six rebounds and two blocks. A double-double would be Ayton's third in a row.
Phoenix has been used to carrying a lead into the fourth quarter lately, so we'll see how they respond to the deficit.
Phoenix @ Golden State
Current Records: Phoenix 19-3; Golden State 18-3
What to Know
After a two-game homestand, the Phoenix Suns will be on the road. The Suns and the Golden State Warriors will face off in a Pacific Division battle at 10 p.m. ET on Friday at Chase Center. The odds don't look promising for Phoenix, but the bigger the opponent is, the harder they fall.
Phoenix didn't have too much trouble with the Detroit Pistons at home on Thursday as they won 114-103. Small forward Cameron Johnson (19 points), point guard Cameron Payne (19 points), small forward Mikal Bridges (18 points), and center Deandre Ayton (17 points) were the top scorers for Phoenix. This also makes it four games in a row in which Mikal Bridges has had at least three steals.
Golden State is out to make up for these teams' game on Tuesday. They took a 104-96 hit to the loss column at the hands of Phoenix. One thing holding the Warriors back was the mediocre play of point guard Stephen Curry, who did not have his best game: he played for 35 minutes with 4-for-21 shooting.
Phoenix's win lifted them to 19-3 while Golden State's loss dropped them down to 18-3. In Phoenix's victory, Cameron Johnson had 19 points along with six rebounds and Deandre Ayton dropped a double-double on 17 points and 12 boards. We'll see if Golden State have a strategy for dealing with them or if they lead their team to another successful outing.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Chase Center -- San Francisco, California
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $115.00
The Warriors are a solid 7-point favorite against the Suns, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Warriors as a 6.5-point favorite.
Golden State have won 18 out of their last 24 games against Phoenix.
- Nov 30, 2021 - Phoenix 104 vs. Golden State 96
- May 11, 2021 - Golden State 122 vs. Phoenix 116
- Mar 04, 2021 - Phoenix 120 vs. Golden State 98
- Jan 28, 2021 - Phoenix 114 vs. Golden State 93
- Feb 29, 2020 - Golden State 115 vs. Phoenix 99
- Feb 12, 2020 - Phoenix 112 vs. Golden State 106
- Dec 27, 2019 - Golden State 105 vs. Phoenix 96
- Oct 30, 2019 - Phoenix 121 vs. Golden State 110
- Mar 10, 2019 - Phoenix 115 vs. Golden State 111
- Feb 08, 2019 - Golden State 117 vs. Phoenix 107
- Dec 31, 2018 - Golden State 132 vs. Phoenix 109
- Oct 22, 2018 - Golden State 123 vs. Phoenix 103
- Apr 08, 2018 - Golden State 117 vs. Phoenix 100
- Apr 01, 2018 - Golden State 117 vs. Phoenix 107
- Mar 17, 2018 - Golden State 124 vs. Phoenix 109
- Feb 12, 2018 - Golden State 129 vs. Phoenix 83
- Apr 05, 2017 - Golden State 120 vs. Phoenix 111
- Dec 03, 2016 - Golden State 138 vs. Phoenix 109
- Nov 13, 2016 - Golden State 133 vs. Phoenix 120
- Oct 30, 2016 - Golden State 106 vs. Phoenix 100
- Mar 12, 2016 - Golden State 123 vs. Phoenix 116
- Feb 10, 2016 - Golden State 112 vs. Phoenix 104
- Dec 16, 2015 - Golden State 128 vs. Phoenix 103
- Nov 27, 2015 - Golden State 135 vs. Phoenix 116
Injury Report for Golden State
- Andre Iguodala: Out (Knee)
- Klay Thompson: Out (Achilles)
- James Wiseman: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
- Frank Kaminsky: Out (Knee)
- Devin Booker: Out (Hamstring)
- Dario Saric: Out (Knee)