Through 3 Quarters
The Atlanta Hawks typically have all the answers at home, but the Utah Jazz are posing a tough problem. After three quarters it's looking more and more like Utah's high-powered offense is just too much for the Hawks as the Jazz lead 95-80.
Utah has been riding high on the performance of shooting guard Donovan Mitchell, who has 24 points and four assists. Shooting guard Kevin Huerter has led the way so far for Atlanta, as he has shot 6-for-7 from beyond the arc and has recorded 28 points and two blocks.
This is the most points Utah has had yet this year going into the fourth quarter.
Atlanta @ Utah
Current Records: Atlanta 4-7; Utah 7-3
What to Know
The Atlanta Hawks haven't won a matchup against the Utah Jazz since March 21 of 2019, but they'll be looking to end the drought on Tuesday. The Hawks might have tired legs after a game yesterday as they head on the road against Utah at 9 p.m. ET Nov. 9 at Vivint Arena. Given that both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
Atlanta received a tough blow on Monday as they fell 127-113 to the Golden State Warriors. Point guard Trae Young put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 28 points and nine assists.
Meanwhile, the Jazz came up short against the Orlando Magic on Sunday, falling 107-100. Point guard Jordan Clarkson just could not get things rolling his way, playing for 27 minutes but putting up just six points on 2-for-13 shooting.
Atlanta is expected to lose this next one by 8.5. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past four games, so buyers beware.
Atlanta is now 4-7 while Utah sits at 7-3. Two stats to keep an eye on: The Hawks are fifth worst in the league in points allowed per game, with 111.5 on average. The Jazz's offense has more to brag about, as they they enter the game with 111.7 points per game on average, good for third best in the league. Atlanta might struggle to break 100.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Vivint Arena -- Salt Lake City, Utah
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $10.89
The Jazz are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Hawks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Jazz as a 7.5-point favorite.
Utah have won eight out of their last 12 games against Atlanta.
- Nov 04, 2021 - Utah 116 vs. Atlanta 98
- Feb 04, 2021 - Utah 112 vs. Atlanta 91
- Jan 15, 2021 - Utah 116 vs. Atlanta 92
- Dec 19, 2019 - Utah 111 vs. Atlanta 106
- Mar 21, 2019 - Atlanta 117 vs. Utah 114
- Feb 01, 2019 - Utah 128 vs. Atlanta 112
- Mar 20, 2018 - Atlanta 99 vs. Utah 94
- Jan 22, 2018 - Atlanta 104 vs. Utah 90
- Feb 06, 2017 - Utah 120 vs. Atlanta 95
- Nov 25, 2016 - Utah 95 vs. Atlanta 68
- Mar 08, 2016 - Atlanta 91 vs. Utah 84
- Nov 15, 2015 - Utah 97 vs. Atlanta 96
Injury Report for Utah
- Elijah Hughes: Out (Illness)
- Rudy Gay: Out (Heel)
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Bogdan Bogdanovic: Out (Ankle)
- De'Andre Hunter: Out (Wrist)
- Onyeka Okongwu: Out (Shoulder)