Through 3 Quarters
The Sacramento Kings were expected to win this one, and they are just one quarter away from fulfilling that expectation. After three quarters it's looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Oklahoma City Thunder as the Kings lead 89-79.
Power forward Harrison Barnes has led the way so far for Sacramento, as he has 20 points along with seven boards. Oklahoma City has been relying on power forward Darius Bazley, who has 14 points in addition to six rebounds, and point guard Josh Giddey, who has 18 points and seven assists.
Oklahoma City has lost 88% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Oklahoma City @ Sacramento
Current Records: Oklahoma City 17-34; Sacramento 19-35
What to Know
The Oklahoma City Thunder might have tired legs after a game yesterday as they head on the road against the Sacramento Kings at 10 p.m. ET Feb. 5 at Golden 1 Center. The Thunder should still be riding high after a win, while Sacramento will be looking to regain their footing.
Things were close when OKC and the Portland Trail Blazers clashed this past Friday, but Oklahoma City ultimately edged out the opposition 96-93. The top scorer for OKC was small forward Luguentz Dort (23 points).
Meanwhile, the contest between Sacramento and the Golden State Warriors this past Thursday was not a total blowout, but with Sacramento falling 126-114 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one. Despite their loss, Sacramento got to see several of their players rise to the challenge and make noteworthy plays. power forward Harrison Barnes, who had 25 points along with five rebounds, was the best among equals.
The Thunder are expected to lose this next one by 8. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 29-14-1 against the spread when expected to lose.
OKC's victory brought them up to 17-34 while the Kings' defeat pulled them down to 19-35. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: OKC has only been able to knock down 41.70% percent of their shots, which is the lowest field goal percentage in the league. Sacramento has experienced some struggles of their own as they have allowed their opponents to shoot 47.50% from the floor on average, which is the second highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Golden 1 Center -- Sacramento, California
- TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Kings are a big 8-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Kings, as the game opened with the Kings as a 6.5-point favorite.
Sacramento have won 12 out of their last 23 games against Oklahoma City.
- Dec 28, 2021 - Sacramento 117 vs. Oklahoma City 111
- Nov 12, 2021 - Oklahoma City 105 vs. Sacramento 103
- May 11, 2021 - Sacramento 122 vs. Oklahoma City 106
- May 09, 2021 - Sacramento 126 vs. Oklahoma City 98
- May 04, 2021 - Sacramento 103 vs. Oklahoma City 99
- Feb 27, 2020 - Oklahoma City 112 vs. Sacramento 108
- Jan 29, 2020 - Oklahoma City 120 vs. Sacramento 100
- Dec 11, 2019 - Sacramento 94 vs. Oklahoma City 93
- Feb 23, 2019 - Sacramento 119 vs. Oklahoma City 116
- Dec 19, 2018 - Oklahoma City 132 vs. Sacramento 113
- Nov 19, 2018 - Sacramento 117 vs. Oklahoma City 113
- Oct 21, 2018 - Sacramento 131 vs. Oklahoma City 120
- Mar 12, 2018 - Oklahoma City 106 vs. Sacramento 101
- Feb 22, 2018 - Oklahoma City 110 vs. Sacramento 107
- Jan 15, 2018 - Oklahoma City 95 vs. Sacramento 88
- Nov 07, 2017 - Sacramento 94 vs. Oklahoma City 86
- Mar 18, 2017 - Oklahoma City 110 vs. Sacramento 94
- Jan 15, 2017 - Oklahoma City 122 vs. Sacramento 118
- Nov 23, 2016 - Sacramento 116 vs. Oklahoma City 101
- Apr 09, 2016 - Sacramento 114 vs. Oklahoma City 112
- Feb 29, 2016 - Oklahoma City 131 vs. Sacramento 116
- Jan 04, 2016 - Sacramento 116 vs. Oklahoma City 104
- Dec 06, 2015 - Oklahoma City 98 vs. Sacramento 95
Injury Report for Sacramento
- De'Aaron Fox: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Marvin Bagley III: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Terence Davis: Out (Wrist)
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Isaiah Roby: Out (Ankle)
- Luguentz Dort: Out (Face)
- Aaron Wiggins: Out (Ankle)
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: Out (Ankle)
- Vit Krejci: Out (Ankle)
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl: Out (Foot)