Through 3 Quarters
The point spread is against the Memphis Grizzlies, but thus far the points are on their side. After three quarters it's looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Los Angeles Lakers as Memphis lead 107-83.
The Grizzlies have been relying on small forward Kyle Anderson, who has 14 points and eight assists in addition to five rebounds and two blocks, and shooting guard Desmond Bane, who has shot 5-for-7 from beyond the arc and has recorded 21 points and four boards. One thing to keep an eye out for is Xavier Tillman's foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Los Angeles has been relying on the performance of small forward LeBron James, who has 32 points and five assists along with nine boards. LBJ's night has made it three games in a row with at least 31 points.
Memphis @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Memphis 27-14; Los Angeles 21-19
What to Know
The Memphis Grizzlies might have tired legs after a game yesterday as they head on the road against the Los Angeles Lakers at 9:30 p.m. ET Jan. 9 at Crypto.com Arena. Expect the scorekeeper to be kept busy: if their previous games are any indication, the Grizzlies and Los Angeles will really light up the scoreboard on Sunday.
While not quite a landslide, the contest between Memphis and the Los Angeles Clippers this past Saturday was still a pretty decisive one as Memphis wrapped it up with a 123-108 victory on the road. Memphis' power forward Jaren Jackson Jr. looked sharp as he had 26 points in addition to eight boards and five blocks.
Meanwhile, the Lakers had enough points to win and then some against the Atlanta Hawks this past Friday, taking their matchup 134-118. It was another big night for Los Angeles' small forward LeBron James, who had 32 points and nine assists along with eight rebounds and three blocks.
Memphis is expected to lose this next one by 4.5. They are currently five-for-five against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The wins brought Memphis up to 27-14 and Los Angeles to 21-19. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Grizzlies come into the matchup boasting the most steals per game in the league at 10.17. Less enviably, the Lakers have allowed their opponents an average of 8.5 steals per game, the fourth most in the league. In other words, they will need to work extra hard to take care of the ball.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 9:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Crypto.com Arena -- Los Angeles, California
- TV: Bally Sports SouthEast Memphis
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $50.00
The Lakers are a 4.5-point favorite against the Grizzlies, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Lakers as a 1.5-point favorite.
Los Angeles have won 13 out of their last 24 games against Memphis.
- Dec 29, 2021 - Memphis 104 vs. Los Angeles 99
- Dec 09, 2021 - Memphis 108 vs. Los Angeles 95
- Oct 24, 2021 - Los Angeles 121 vs. Memphis 118
- Feb 12, 2021 - Los Angeles 115 vs. Memphis 105
- Jan 05, 2021 - Los Angeles 94 vs. Memphis 92
- Jan 03, 2021 - Los Angeles 108 vs. Memphis 94
- Feb 29, 2020 - Memphis 105 vs. Los Angeles 88
- Feb 21, 2020 - Los Angeles 117 vs. Memphis 105
- Nov 23, 2019 - Los Angeles 109 vs. Memphis 108
- Oct 29, 2019 - Los Angeles 120 vs. Memphis 91
- Feb 25, 2019 - Memphis 110 vs. Los Angeles 105
- Dec 23, 2018 - Memphis 107 vs. Los Angeles 99
- Dec 08, 2018 - Los Angeles 111 vs. Memphis 88
- Mar 24, 2018 - Los Angeles 100 vs. Memphis 93
- Jan 15, 2018 - Memphis 123 vs. Los Angeles 114
- Dec 27, 2017 - Memphis 109 vs. Los Angeles 99
- Nov 05, 2017 - Los Angeles 107 vs. Memphis 102
- Apr 02, 2017 - Los Angeles 108 vs. Memphis 103
- Jan 03, 2017 - Los Angeles 116 vs. Memphis 102
- Dec 03, 2016 - Memphis 103 vs. Los Angeles 100
- Mar 22, 2016 - Los Angeles 107 vs. Memphis 100
- Feb 26, 2016 - Memphis 112 vs. Los Angeles 95
- Feb 24, 2016 - Memphis 128 vs. Los Angeles 119
- Dec 27, 2015 - Memphis 112 vs. Los Angeles 96
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Kendrick Nunn: Out (Knee)
- Anthony Davis: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Memphis
- Kyle Anderson: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- Desmond Bane: Game-Time Decision (Quadriceps)
- Ja Morant: Game-Time Decision (Thigh)
- Yves Pons: Game-Time Decision (Covid-19)
- Steven Adams: Out (Covid-19)
- Dillon Brooks: Out (Ankle)