Detroit @ Brooklyn
Current Records: Detroit 1-4; Brooklyn 3-3
What to Know
The Detroit Pistons might have tired legs after a game yesterday as they head on the road against the Brooklyn Nets at 7:30 p.m. ET Oct. 31 at Barclays Center. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
Detroit was able to grind out a solid win over the Orlando Magic this past Saturday, winning 110-103. The Pistons relied on the efforts of small forward Jerami Grant, who had 22 points and five assists along with seven boards, and power forward Kelly Olynyk, who had 18 points in addition to six rebounds.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn bagged a 105-98 victory over the Indiana Pacers this past Friday. Shooting guard James Harden was the offensive standout of the contest for Brooklyn, picking up 29 points and eight assists along with eight rebounds.
Detroit have to know they'll be fighting an uphill battle given the 12.50 point spread they are up against. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn't have high expectations for them since the team is 1-3 ATS when expected to lose.
The wins brought Detroit up to 1-4 and the Nets to 3-3. A couple numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Pistons have only been able to knock down 40.80% percent of their shots, which is the second lowest field goal percentage in the league. Brooklyn's defense has more to brag about, as they they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 42.20%, which places them fourth in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center -- Brooklyn, New York
- TV: Bally Sports - Detroit
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $8.00
The Nets are a big 12.5-point favorite against the Pistons, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 12.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Brooklyn and Detroit both have ten wins in their last 20 games.
- Mar 26, 2021 - Brooklyn 113 vs. Detroit 111
- Mar 13, 2021 - Brooklyn 100 vs. Detroit 95
- Feb 09, 2021 - Detroit 122 vs. Brooklyn 111
- Jan 29, 2020 - Brooklyn 125 vs. Detroit 115
- Jan 25, 2020 - Brooklyn 121 vs. Detroit 111
- Nov 02, 2019 - Detroit 113 vs. Brooklyn 109
- Mar 11, 2019 - Brooklyn 103 vs. Detroit 75
- Oct 31, 2018 - Brooklyn 120 vs. Detroit 119
- Oct 17, 2018 - Detroit 103 vs. Brooklyn 100
- Apr 01, 2018 - Detroit 108 vs. Brooklyn 96
- Feb 07, 2018 - Detroit 115 vs. Brooklyn 106
- Jan 21, 2018 - Brooklyn 101 vs. Detroit 100
- Jan 10, 2018 - Detroit 114 vs. Brooklyn 80
- Mar 30, 2017 - Detroit 90 vs. Brooklyn 89
- Mar 21, 2017 - Brooklyn 98 vs. Detroit 96
- Nov 02, 2016 - Brooklyn 109 vs. Detroit 101
- Mar 19, 2016 - Detroit 115 vs. Brooklyn 103
- Feb 01, 2016 - Detroit 105 vs. Brooklyn 100
- Jan 09, 2016 - Detroit 103 vs. Brooklyn 89
- Nov 29, 2015 - Brooklyn 87 vs. Detroit 83