San Antonio @ Brooklyn
Current Records: San Antonio 15-23; Brooklyn 24-13
What to Know
The Brooklyn Nets' homestand continues as they prepare to take on the San Antonio Spurs at noon ET Jan. 9 at Barclays Center. The Nets are out to stop a nine-game streak of losses at home.
Brooklyn received a tough blow this past Friday as they fell 121-109 to the Milwaukee Bucks. Brooklyn's loss came about despite a quality game from power forward Kevin Durant, who had 29 points and seven assists in addition to nine boards.
Meanwhile, San Antonio lost to the Philadelphia 76ers on the road by a decisive 119-100 margin. One thing holding San Antonio back was the mediocre play of shooting guard Bryn Forbes, who did not have his best game: he played for 31 minutes but put up just seven points on 3-for-14 shooting.
Brooklyn is the favorite in this one, with an expected 10-point margin of victory. Now might not be the best time to take Brooklyn against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past five consecutive games.
With both teams hitting sour notes in their previous games, they will no doubt be looking to produce a better outcome in this one. We'll see which team satisfies their hunger and which team leaves with an empty stomach.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 12 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center -- Brooklyn, New York
- TV: Bally Sports - Southwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $25.00
The Nets are a big 10-point favorite against the Spurs, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 10-point spread, and stayed right there.
San Antonio have won eight out of their last 12 games against Brooklyn.
- May 12, 2021 - Brooklyn 128 vs. San Antonio 116
- Mar 01, 2021 - Brooklyn 124 vs. San Antonio 113
- Mar 06, 2020 - Brooklyn 139 vs. San Antonio 120
- Dec 19, 2019 - San Antonio 118 vs. Brooklyn 105
- Feb 25, 2019 - Brooklyn 101 vs. San Antonio 85
- Jan 31, 2019 - San Antonio 117 vs. Brooklyn 114
- Jan 17, 2018 - San Antonio 100 vs. Brooklyn 95
- Dec 26, 2017 - San Antonio 109 vs. Brooklyn 97
- Jan 23, 2017 - San Antonio 112 vs. Brooklyn 86
- Dec 10, 2016 - San Antonio 130 vs. Brooklyn 101
- Jan 11, 2016 - San Antonio 106 vs. Brooklyn 79
- Oct 30, 2015 - San Antonio 102 vs. Brooklyn 75
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- LaMarcus Aldridge: Out (Foot)
- Kyrie Irving: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Joe Harris: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for San Antonio
- Doug McDermott: Out (Covid-19)
- Thaddeus Young: Out (Covid-19)
- Derrick White: Out (Covid-19)
- Tre Jones: Out (Covid-19)
- Devin Vassell: Out (Covid-19)
- Keldon Johnson: Out (Covid-19)
- Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)