Through 3 Quarters
The Los Angeles Clippers are on the road but looking no worse for wear. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Minnesota Timberwolves 103-88 three quarters in.
Los Angeles has been relying on small forward Paul George, who has 29 points and eight assists in addition to six rebounds, and point guard Reggie Jackson, who has shot 6-for-7 from downtown and has recorded 26 points, seven assists and four boards.
Minnesota has been relying on the performance of shooting guard Anthony Edwards, who has 23 points and four assists.
This is the most points the Clippers have had yet this year going into the fourth quarter.
Los Angeles @ Minnesota
Current Records: Los Angeles 2-4; Minnesota 3-3
What to Know
The Minnesota Timberwolves haven't won a matchup against the Los Angeles Clippers since Feb. 8 of last year, but they'll be looking to end the drought Wednesday. The Timberwolves' homestand continues as they prepare to take on Los Angeles at 8 p.m. ET Nov. 3 at Target Center. Minnesota is out to stop a four-game streak of losses at home.
The point spread favored Minnesota on Monday, but luck did not. They took a 115-97 bruising from the Orlando Magic. Despite the loss, Minnesota got a solid performance out of center Karl-Anthony Towns, who posted a double-double on 23 points and 16 rebounds in addition to six dimes.
Meanwhile, Los Angeles didn't have too much breathing room in their contest with the Oklahoma City Thunder on Monday, but they still walked away with a 99-94 win. The Clippers' small forward Paul George did his thing and shot 5-for-8 from beyond the arc and finished with 32 points, seven assists and nine boards.
The Timberwolves are now 3-3 while Los Angeles sits at 2-4. Los Angeles is 0-1 after wins this season, and Minnesota is 1-1 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: Bally Sports - North
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $14.00
The Clippers are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Timberwolves as a 1.5-point favorite.
Los Angeles have won 11 out of their last 20 games against Minnesota.
- Apr 18, 2021 - Los Angeles 124 vs. Minnesota 105
- Feb 10, 2021 - Los Angeles 119 vs. Minnesota 112
- Dec 29, 2020 - Los Angeles 124 vs. Minnesota 101
- Feb 08, 2020 - Minnesota 142 vs. Los Angeles 115
- Feb 01, 2020 - Los Angeles 118 vs. Minnesota 106
- Dec 13, 2019 - Los Angeles 124 vs. Minnesota 117
- Mar 26, 2019 - Los Angeles 122 vs. Minnesota 111
- Feb 11, 2019 - Minnesota 130 vs. Los Angeles 120
- Nov 05, 2018 - Los Angeles 120 vs. Minnesota 109
- Mar 20, 2018 - Minnesota 123 vs. Los Angeles 109
- Jan 22, 2018 - Minnesota 126 vs. Los Angeles 118
- Dec 06, 2017 - Minnesota 113 vs. Los Angeles 107
- Dec 03, 2017 - Minnesota 112 vs. Los Angeles 106
- Mar 08, 2017 - Minnesota 107 vs. Los Angeles 91
- Jan 19, 2017 - Minnesota 104 vs. Los Angeles 101
- Nov 12, 2016 - Los Angeles 119 vs. Minnesota 105
- Mar 30, 2016 - Los Angeles 99 vs. Minnesota 79
- Feb 03, 2016 - Minnesota 108 vs. Los Angeles 102
- Dec 07, 2015 - Los Angeles 110 vs. Minnesota 106
- Nov 29, 2015 - Los Angeles 107 vs. Minnesota 99
Injury Report for Minnesota
- D'Angelo Russell: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Serge Ibaka: Out (Back)
- Marcus Morris: Out (Knee)
- Jason Preston: Out (Foot)
- Kawhi Leonard: Out (Knee)