Through 3 Quarters
Down one at the end of last quarter, the Detroit Pistons have now snagged the lead. It's anybody's game after three quarters, but Detroit is ahead of the Houston Rockets 85-79.
Power forward Jerami Grant has led the way so far for the Pistons, as he has 33 points along with four rebounds and two blocks. One thing to keep an eye out for is Isaiah Stewart's foul situation as he currently sits at four.
This is the first time Detroit has been ahead going into the fourth quarter in the past five games.
Detroit @ Houston
Current Records: Detroit 1-8; Houston 1-9
What to Know
The Detroit Pistons have enjoyed the comforts of home their last three games, but now they must head out on the road. After a few days' rest for both teams, they and the Houston Rockets will meet up at 7:30 p.m. ET Nov. 10 at Toyota Center. Given that both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this matchup.
It was all tied up 39-39 at halftime, but the Pistons were not quite the Brooklyn Nets' equal in the second half when they met last week. Detroit was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap as they fell 96-90 to the Nets. Small forward Josh Jackson had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with only seven points on 3-for-10 shooting in his 31 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Houston received a tough blow on Sunday as they fell 120-107 to the Golden State Warriors. Houston was down 103-83 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Small forward Jae'Sean Tate (21 points) was the top scorer for Houston.
Detroit is expected to lose this next one by 3. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn't have high expectations for them since the squad is 2-6 ATS when expected to lose.
The losses put the Pistons at 1-8 and the Rockets at 1-9. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Detroit enters the game with 19.9 fouls drawn per game on average, good for fourth best in the league. But Houston is even better: they come into the contest boasting the most fouls drawn per game in the league at 22.1. Be prepared to get familiar with the officiating crew.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Toyota Center -- Houston, Texas
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $14.54
The Rockets are a 3-point favorite against the Pistons, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Rockets, as the game opened with the Rockets as a 1.5-point favorite.
Detroit have won seven out of their last 11 games against Houston.
- Mar 19, 2021 - Detroit 113 vs. Houston 100
- Jan 22, 2021 - Houston 103 vs. Detroit 102
- Dec 14, 2019 - Detroit 115 vs. Houston 107
- Nov 23, 2018 - Detroit 116 vs. Houston 111
- Nov 21, 2018 - Houston 126 vs. Detroit 124
- Mar 22, 2018 - Houston 100 vs. Detroit 96
- Jan 06, 2018 - Detroit 108 vs. Houston 101
- Apr 07, 2017 - Detroit 114 vs. Houston 109
- Nov 21, 2016 - Houston 99 vs. Detroit 96
- Jan 20, 2016 - Detroit 123 vs. Houston 114
- Nov 30, 2015 - Detroit 116 vs. Houston 105
Injury Report for Houston
- Alperen Sengun: Out (Illness)
- John Wall: Out (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Detroit
- Isaiah Livers: Out (Foot)
- Chris Smith: Out (Knee)