Through 3 Quarters
We've seen some fireworks three quarters in as the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Los Angeles Lakers have combined for 192 points. Oklahoma City currently holds a 97-95 lead.
Shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander has led the way so far for the Thunder, as he has shot 5-for-8 from beyond the arc and has recorded 26 points, four assists and four boards. Los Angeles has been relying on the performance of power forward Anthony Davis, who has 25 points in addition to five rebounds.
This is the first time OKC has been ahead going into the fourth quarter in the past five games.
Los Angeles @ Oklahoma City
Current Records: Los Angeles 2-2; Oklahoma City 0-4
What to Know
The Oklahoma City Thunder have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Los Angeles Lakers and are hoping to record their first victory since Aug. 5 of last year. They will face off at 8 p.m. ET Oct. 27 at Paycom Center without much rest after finishing up games yesterday. Los Angeles should still be riding high after a win, while OKC will be looking to get back in the win column.
The Thunder came up short against the Golden State Warriors on Tuesday, falling 106-98. Despite the defeat, Oklahoma City got a solid performance out of shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who had 30 points.
Meanwhile, it may have taken overtime to finish the job, but the Lakers ultimately got the result they were hoping for on Tuesday with a 125-121 win over the San Antonio Spurs. Los Angeles' power forward Anthony Davis was one of the most active players for the team, posting a double-double on 35 points and 17 rebounds along with four blocks.
Oklahoma City is expected to lose this next one by 6. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn't have high expectations for them since the squad is 1-3 ATS when expected to lose.
Oklahoma City is now 0-4 while Los Angeles sits at 2-2. A couple stats to keep an eye on: The Thunder are stumbling into the contest with the second fewest points per game in the league, having accrued only 94.5 on average. The Lakers have experienced some struggles of their own as they are second worst in the league in points allowed per game, with 118.8 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Paycom Center -- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $22.22
The Lakers are a solid 6-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Lakers as a 9-point favorite.
Oklahoma City have won 11 out of their last 21 games against Los Angeles.
- Feb 10, 2021 - Los Angeles 114 vs. Oklahoma City 113
- Feb 08, 2021 - Los Angeles 119 vs. Oklahoma City 112
- Jan 13, 2021 - Los Angeles 128 vs. Oklahoma City 99
- Aug 05, 2020 - Oklahoma City 105 vs. Los Angeles 86
- Jan 11, 2020 - Los Angeles 125 vs. Oklahoma City 110
- Nov 22, 2019 - Los Angeles 130 vs. Oklahoma City 127
- Nov 19, 2019 - Los Angeles 112 vs. Oklahoma City 107
- Apr 02, 2019 - Oklahoma City 119 vs. Los Angeles 103
- Jan 17, 2019 - Los Angeles 138 vs. Oklahoma City 128
- Jan 02, 2019 - Oklahoma City 107 vs. Los Angeles 100
- Feb 08, 2018 - Los Angeles 106 vs. Oklahoma City 81
- Feb 04, 2018 - Los Angeles 108 vs. Oklahoma City 104
- Jan 17, 2018 - Oklahoma City 114 vs. Los Angeles 90
- Jan 03, 2018 - Oklahoma City 133 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Feb 24, 2017 - Oklahoma City 110 vs. Los Angeles 93
- Nov 22, 2016 - Los Angeles 111 vs. Oklahoma City 109
- Oct 30, 2016 - Oklahoma City 113 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Apr 11, 2016 - Oklahoma City 112 vs. Los Angeles 79
- Jan 08, 2016 - Oklahoma City 117 vs. Los Angeles 113
- Dec 23, 2015 - Oklahoma City 120 vs. Los Angeles 85
- Dec 19, 2015 - Oklahoma City 118 vs. Los Angeles 78
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Mike Muscala: Out (Rest)
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- LeBron James: Out (Ankle)
- Kendrick Nunn: Out (Knee)
- Talen Horton-Tucker: Out (Thumb)
- Trevor Ariza: Out (Ankle)