Minnesota @ Golden State
Current Records: Minnesota 24-23; Golden State 35-13
What to Know
The Golden State Warriors will play host again and welcome the Minnesota Timberwolves to Chase Center, where tip-off is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET on Thursday. Golden State is out to keep their three-game home win streak alive.
A well-balanced attack led the Warriors over the Dallas Mavericks every single quarter on their way to victory on Tuesday. Golden State took their game at home with ease, bagging a 130-92 victory over Dallas. The matchup was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Golden State had established a 97-78 advantage. Power forward Jonathan Kuminga was the offensive standout of the contest for Golden State, picking up 22 points along with five boards. Kuminga had some trouble finding his footing against the Utah Jazz on Sunday, so this was a step in the right direction.
Meanwhile, it was a close one, but on Tuesday Minnesota sidestepped the Portland Trail Blazers for a 109-107 win. Kudos to the oddsmakers for accurately forecasting both the winner and the close margin. It was another big night for the Timberwolves' small forward Anthony Edwards, who had 40 points in addition to nine rebounds and three blocks.
The Warriors suffered a grim 119-99 defeat to Minnesota in the teams' previous meeting earlier this month. Can Golden State avenge their defeat, or is history doomed to repeat itself? We'll soon find out.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Chase Center -- San Francisco, California
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $75.00
The Warriors are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Warriors as a 5.5-point favorite.
Golden State have won 14 out of their last 22 games against Minnesota.
- Jan 16, 2022 - Minnesota 119 vs. Golden State 99
- Nov 10, 2021 - Golden State 123 vs. Minnesota 110
- Apr 29, 2021 - Minnesota 126 vs. Golden State 114
- Jan 27, 2021 - Golden State 123 vs. Minnesota 111
- Jan 25, 2021 - Golden State 130 vs. Minnesota 108
- Jan 02, 2020 - Minnesota 99 vs. Golden State 84
- Dec 23, 2019 - Golden State 113 vs. Minnesota 104
- Nov 08, 2019 - Minnesota 125 vs. Golden State 119
- Mar 29, 2019 - Minnesota 131 vs. Golden State 130
- Mar 19, 2019 - Golden State 117 vs. Minnesota 107
- Dec 10, 2018 - Golden State 116 vs. Minnesota 108
- Nov 02, 2018 - Golden State 116 vs. Minnesota 99
- Mar 11, 2018 - Minnesota 109 vs. Golden State 103
- Jan 25, 2018 - Golden State 126 vs. Minnesota 113
- Nov 08, 2017 - Golden State 125 vs. Minnesota 101
- Apr 04, 2017 - Golden State 121 vs. Minnesota 107
- Mar 10, 2017 - Minnesota 103 vs. Golden State 102
- Dec 11, 2016 - Golden State 116 vs. Minnesota 108
- Nov 26, 2016 - Golden State 115 vs. Minnesota 102
- Apr 05, 2016 - Minnesota 124 vs. Golden State 117
- Mar 21, 2016 - Golden State 109 vs. Minnesota 104
- Nov 12, 2015 - Golden State 129 vs. Minnesota 116
Injury Report for Golden State
- Andre Iguodala: Out (Hip)
- Draymond Green: Out (Back)
- James Wiseman: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Patrick Beverley: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)