Washington (home) vs. Los Angeles (away)
Current Records: Washington 7-14; Los Angeles 16-7
What to Know
The Washington Wizards are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 121.9 points per contest. They will take on the Los Angeles Clippers at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday at Capital One Arena. The Wizards' scoring has been on the decline the past three games, which is obviously a trend Los Angeles hopes will continue.
The Wizards came up short against the Miami Heat last Friday, falling 112-103.
Meanwhile, Los Angeles has to be hurting after a devastating 119-91 defeat at the hands of the Milwaukee Bucks. One thing holding Los Angeles back was the mediocre play of SF Paul George, who did not have his best game; he picked up four fouls and turned the ball over five times en route to a 13-point finish.
With the two teams each stumbling in off of a loss, both will be hungry for the win. A pair of offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Washington is second worst in the league in rebounds per game, with only 41.7 on average. To make matters even worse for Washington, Los Angeles rank second in the league when it comes to rebounds per game, with 49 on average. So the Washington squad has its work cut out for it.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: Capital One Arena -- Washington, District of Columbia
- TV: NBS Sports Washington
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $20.00
The Clippers are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Wizards.
Vegas had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Clippers as an 8-point favorite.
Los Angeles have won six out of their last nine games against Washington.
- Dec 01, 2019 - Los Angeles 150 vs. Washington 125
- Nov 20, 2018 - Washington 125 vs. Los Angeles 118
- Oct 28, 2018 - Los Angeles 136 vs. Washington 104
- Dec 15, 2017 - Washington 100 vs. Los Angeles 91
- Dec 09, 2017 - Los Angeles 113 vs. Washington 112
- Mar 29, 2017 - Los Angeles 133 vs. Washington 124
- Dec 18, 2016 - Washington 117 vs. Los Angeles 110
- Apr 03, 2016 - Los Angeles 114 vs. Washington 109
- Dec 28, 2015 - Los Angeles 108 vs. Washington 91