Through 3 Quarters
The point spread is against the Washington Wizards, but thus far the points are on their side. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Atlanta Hawks 100-86 three quarters in. Washington has been riding high on the performance of center Montrezl Harrell, who has dropped a double-double on 19 points and ten rebounds along with four dimes.
Both the Wizards and Atlanta were victorious their last time out, but right now only Washington is in position to continue that streak. It's looking like Washington will be able to keep the momentum, but Atlanta still has a quarter to right the ship.
Atlanta @ Washington
Current Records: Atlanta 3-1; Washington 3-1
What to Know
The Washington Wizards haven't won a game against the Atlanta Hawks since March 6 of last year, but they'll be looking to end the drought Thursday. They will face off at 7 p.m. ET Oct. 28 at Capital One Arena without much rest after finishing up games yesterday. The Wizards are out to stop a three-game streak of losses at home.
Washington beat the Boston Celtics 116-107 on Wednesday. Washington's center Montrezl Harrell was one of the most active players for the squad, posting a double-double on 25 points and 11 rebounds.
Meanwhile, Atlanta came out on top in a nail-biter against the New Orleans Pelicans on Wednesday, sneaking past 102-99. The victory came about thanks to a strong surge after the first quarter to overcome a 33-19 deficit. Among those leading the charge for Atlanta was point guard Trae Young, who had 31 points and seven assists along with five boards.
Washington is expected to lose this next one by 3. If their 3-1 record against the spread is anything to go by, the prospects look good for bets placed on them.
The wins brought Washington up to 3-1 and the Hawks to 3-1. The Wizards and Atlanta are both 1-1 after wins this season, but that symmetry won't hold for long.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Capital One Arena -- Washington, District of Columbia
- TV: Bally Sports - Southeast
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $10.00
The Hawks are a 3-point favorite against the Wizards, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Hawks, as the game opened with the Hawks as a 1.5-point favorite.
Washington have won 15 out of their last 28 games against Atlanta.
- May 12, 2021 - Atlanta 120 vs. Washington 116
- May 10, 2021 - Atlanta 125 vs. Washington 124
- Jan 29, 2021 - Atlanta 116 vs. Washington 100
- Mar 06, 2020 - Washington 118 vs. Atlanta 112
- Jan 26, 2020 - Atlanta 152 vs. Washington 133
- Jan 10, 2020 - Washington 111 vs. Atlanta 101
- Feb 04, 2019 - Atlanta 137 vs. Washington 129
- Jan 02, 2019 - Washington 114 vs. Atlanta 98
- Dec 18, 2018 - Atlanta 118 vs. Washington 110
- Dec 05, 2018 - Washington 131 vs. Atlanta 117
- Apr 06, 2018 - Atlanta 103 vs. Washington 97
- Jan 27, 2018 - Washington 129 vs. Atlanta 104
- Dec 27, 2017 - Atlanta 113 vs. Washington 99
- Nov 11, 2017 - Washington 113 vs. Atlanta 94
- Apr 28, 2017 - Washington 115 vs. Atlanta 99
- Apr 26, 2017 - Washington 103 vs. Atlanta 99
- Apr 24, 2017 - Atlanta 111 vs. Washington 101
- Apr 22, 2017 - Atlanta 116 vs. Washington 98
- Apr 19, 2017 - Washington 109 vs. Atlanta 101
- Apr 16, 2017 - Washington 114 vs. Atlanta 107
- Mar 22, 2017 - Washington 104 vs. Atlanta 100
- Jan 27, 2017 - Washington 112 vs. Atlanta 86
- Nov 04, 2016 - Washington 95 vs. Atlanta 92
- Oct 27, 2016 - Atlanta 114 vs. Washington 99
- Apr 13, 2016 - Washington 109 vs. Atlanta 98
- Mar 23, 2016 - Atlanta 122 vs. Washington 101
- Mar 21, 2016 - Washington 117 vs. Atlanta 102
- Nov 07, 2015 - Atlanta 114 vs. Washington 99
Injury Report for Washington
- Anthony Gill: Out (Calf)
- Spencer Dinwiddie: Out (Rest)
- Rui Hachimura: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Cassius Winston: Out (Hamstring)
- Daniel Gafford: Out (Quadriceps)
- Thomas Bryant: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Onyeka Okongwu: Out (Shoulder)