Through 3 Quarters
The Cleveland Cavaliers came in underdogs but currently have the Washington Wizards on Upset Alert. After three quarters it's looking more and more like the Cavaliers' high-powered offense is just too much for Washington as Cleveland lead 99-72.
Cleveland has been led by point guard Darius Garland, who so far has shot 5-for-6 from downtown and has recorded 32 points, nine dimes and seven boards.
Washington hasn't had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to 14 points or fewer.
Cleveland's lead is the biggest they have had this season going into the fourth quarter.
Cleveland @ Washington
Current Records: Cleveland 12-10; Washington 14-8
What to Know
The Cleveland Cavaliers haven't won a matchup against the Washington Wizards since Feb. 21 of last year, but they'll be looking to end the drought Friday. The Cavaliers will take on Washington on the road at 7 p.m. ET at Capital One Arena. These two teams come into the game bolstered by wins in their previous games.
A well-balanced attack led Cleveland over the Miami Heat every single quarter on their way to victory on Wednesday. Cleveland blew past Miami 111-85. The contest was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Cleveland had established an 87-63 advantage. Power forward Kevin Love and center Jarrett Allen were among the main playmakers for the Cavaliers as the former shot 6-for-8 from downtown and finished with 22 points and six rebounds and the latter dropped a double-double on 19 points and 11 boards in addition to five blocks. That makes it five consecutive games in which Allen has had at least 11 rebounds.
Meanwhile, the Wizards beat the Minnesota Timberwolves 115-107 on Wednesday. Washington's center Montrezl Harrell did his thing and had 27 points along with five rebounds.
Cleveland is expected to lose this next one by 3. They are currently five-for-five against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The wins brought Cleveland up to 12-10 and Washington to 14-8. Cleveland is 8-3 after wins this year, the Wizards 8-5.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Capital One Arena -- Washington, District of Columbia
- TV: Bally Sports - Ohio
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $17.82
The Wizards are a 3-point favorite against the Cavaliers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Wizards as a 4-point favorite.
Washington and Cleveland both have 11 wins in their last 22 games.
- Nov 10, 2021 - Washington 97 vs. Cleveland 94
- May 14, 2021 - Washington 120 vs. Cleveland 105
- Apr 30, 2021 - Washington 122 vs. Cleveland 93
- Apr 25, 2021 - Washington 119 vs. Cleveland 110
- Feb 21, 2020 - Cleveland 113 vs. Washington 108
- Jan 23, 2020 - Washington 124 vs. Cleveland 112
- Nov 08, 2019 - Cleveland 113 vs. Washington 100
- Feb 08, 2019 - Washington 119 vs. Cleveland 106
- Jan 29, 2019 - Cleveland 116 vs. Washington 113
- Dec 08, 2018 - Cleveland 116 vs. Washington 101
- Nov 14, 2018 - Washington 119 vs. Cleveland 95
- Apr 05, 2018 - Cleveland 119 vs. Washington 115
- Feb 22, 2018 - Washington 110 vs. Cleveland 103
- Dec 17, 2017 - Cleveland 106 vs. Washington 99
- Nov 03, 2017 - Cleveland 130 vs. Washington 122
- Mar 25, 2017 - Washington 127 vs. Cleveland 115
- Feb 06, 2017 - Cleveland 140 vs. Washington 135
- Nov 11, 2016 - Cleveland 105 vs. Washington 94
- Mar 04, 2016 - Cleveland 108 vs. Washington 83
- Feb 28, 2016 - Washington 113 vs. Cleveland 99
- Jan 06, 2016 - Cleveland 121 vs. Washington 115
- Dec 01, 2015 - Washington 97 vs. Cleveland 85
Injury Report for Washington
- Isaiah Todd: Out (Toe)
- Thomas Bryant: Out (Knee)
- Rui Hachimura: Out (Personal)
Injury Report for Cleveland
- Cedi Osman: Out (Back)
- Dean Wade: Out (Calf)
- Collin Sexton: Out for the Season (Knee)