Seattle @ Arizona
Current Records: Seattle 6-10; Arizona 11-5
What to Know
The Seattle Seahawks and the Arizona Cardinals are even-steven against one another since October of 2016 (5-5-1), but not for long. The Seahawks and Arizona will face off in an NFC West battle at 4:25 p.m. ET Sunday at State Farm Stadium. Both teams come into the matchup bolstered by wins in their previous games.
Seattle made easy work of the Detroit Lions last week and carried off a 51-29 win. With Seattle ahead 31-7 at the half, the game was all but over already. Their RB Rashaad Penny was on fire, rushing for two TDs and 170 yards on 25 carries.
Special teams collected 15 points for Seattle. K Jason Myers delivered a perfect 3-for-3 game.
Meanwhile, Arizona came out on top in a nail-biter against the Dallas Cowboys last week, sneaking past 25-22. The Cardinals' QB Kyler Murray did his thing and passed for two TDs and 263 yards on 38 attempts in addition to picking up 44 yards on the ground. Murray ended up with a passer rating of 143.90.
Most of the squad's points came courtesy of special teams, which contributed 13. K Matt Prater booted in four field goals, the longest a 53-yarder in the second quarter, which ultimately accounted for the difference in the contest.
The wins brought the Seahawks up to 6-10 and Arizona to 11-5. Seattle has been eliminated from playoff contention. Arizona has clinched a playoff berth as the current fifth seed in the NFC.
Seattle is expected to lose this next one by 5.5. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Seattle, who are 8-7 against the spread.
A couple defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Seahawks are stumbling into the game with the second most passing yards allowed per game in the league, having given up 282.9 on average. The Cardinals' defense has more to brag about, as they they rank first in the NFL when it comes to rushing touchdowns allowed, with only eight on the season. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4:25 p.m. ET
- Where: State Farm Stadium -- Glendale, Arizona
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $139.72
The Cardinals are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Seahawks, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Cardinals as a 6.5-point favorite.
Arizona and Seattle both have six wins in their last 13 games.
- Nov 21, 2021 - Arizona 23 vs. Seattle 13
- Nov 19, 2020 - Seattle 28 vs. Arizona 21
- Oct 25, 2020 - Arizona 37 vs. Seattle 34
- Dec 22, 2019 - Arizona 27 vs. Seattle 13
- Sep 29, 2019 - Seattle 27 vs. Arizona 10
- Dec 30, 2018 - Seattle 27 vs. Arizona 24
- Sep 30, 2018 - Seattle 20 vs. Arizona 17
- Dec 31, 2017 - Arizona 26 vs. Seattle 24
- Nov 09, 2017 - Seattle 22 vs. Arizona 16
- Dec 24, 2016 - Arizona 34 vs. Seattle 31
- Oct 23, 2016 - Seattle 6 vs. Arizona 6
- Jan 03, 2016 - Seattle 36 vs. Arizona 6
- Nov 15, 2015 - Arizona 39 vs. Seattle 32