Tampa Bay @ Atlanta
Current Records: Tampa Bay 8-3; Atlanta 5-6
What to Know
The Atlanta Falcons have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and are hoping to record their first victory since Dec. 29 of 2019. Atlanta and Tampa Bay will face off in an NFC South battle at 1 p.m. ET Sunday at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. These two teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
The Falcons beat the Jacksonville Jaguars 21-14 last week. Atlanta can attribute much of their success to RB Cordarrelle Patterson, who rushed for two TDs and 108 yards on 16 carries. That nimble footwork stands out as the first time Patterson has hit the 100-yard rushing mark this season. Patterson's sharp performance also set his single-game rushing touchdown high for the season.
Meanwhile, Tampa Bay was able to grind out a solid win over the Indianapolis Colts last week, winning 38-31. Tampa Bay's RB Leonard Fournette was on fire, rushing for three TDs and 100 yards on 17 carries in addition to snatching one receiving TD. The Buccaneers' victory came on a 28-yard rush from Fournette with only 0:29 remaining in the fourth quarter.
The Falcons are the clear underdogs, so they're hoping it's the size of the fight that determines this one. At 1-4 against the spread at home, they are no cash cow. That said, Tampa Bay isn't so hot on the road, where they are 1-5.
The wins brought Atlanta up to 5-6 and the Buccaneers to 8-3. A couple stats to keep an eye on: Atlanta is stumbling into the matchup with the second most touchdowns allowed in the league, having given up 31 on the season. Tampa Bay's offense has more to brag about, as they they come into the game boasting the most overall offensive touchdowns in the NFL at 42. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium -- Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $90.00
The Buccaneers are a big 10.5-point favorite against the Falcons, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Buccaneers as a 10-point favorite.
Tampa Bay have won seven out of their last 13 games against Atlanta.
- Sep 19, 2021 - Tampa Bay 48 vs. Atlanta 25
- Jan 03, 2021 - Tampa Bay 44 vs. Atlanta 27
- Dec 20, 2020 - Tampa Bay 31 vs. Atlanta 27
- Dec 29, 2019 - Atlanta 28 vs. Tampa Bay 22
- Nov 24, 2019 - Tampa Bay 35 vs. Atlanta 22
- Dec 30, 2018 - Atlanta 34 vs. Tampa Bay 32
- Oct 14, 2018 - Atlanta 34 vs. Tampa Bay 29
- Dec 18, 2017 - Atlanta 24 vs. Tampa Bay 21
- Nov 26, 2017 - Atlanta 34 vs. Tampa Bay 20
- Nov 03, 2016 - Atlanta 43 vs. Tampa Bay 28
- Sep 11, 2016 - Tampa Bay 31 vs. Atlanta 24
- Dec 06, 2015 - Tampa Bay 23 vs. Atlanta 19
- Nov 01, 2015 - Tampa Bay 23 vs. Atlanta 20