Virginia Tech @ Boston College
Current Records: Virginia Tech 10-7; Boston College 7-9
What to Know
The Boston College Eagles will be returning home after a two-game road trip. BC and the Virginia Tech Hokies will face off in an ACC battle at noon ET Saturday at Silvio O. Conte Forum. The Eagles are out to stop a four-game streak of losses at home.
The matchup between BC and the Louisville Cardinals on Wednesday was not a total blowout, but with BC falling 67-54 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one. Guard DeMarr Langford Jr. wasn't much of a difference maker for BC; Langford Jr. finished with only four points on 2-for-12 shooting in his 33 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Virginia Tech came out on top in a nail-biter against the NC State Wolfpack on Wednesday, sneaking past 62-59. The Hokies' forward Justyn Mutts filled up the stat sheet, picking up 13 points along with nine rebounds.
The Eagles are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Albany Great Danes Dec. 13 easily too and instead slipped up with a 61-57. In other words, don't count Virginia Tech out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 12 p.m. ET
- Where: Silvio O. Conte Forum -- Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Hokies are a solid 6-point favorite against the Eagles, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 6-point spread, and stayed right there.
Virginia Tech have won five out of their last seven games against Boston College.
- Feb 08, 2020 - Boston College 77 vs. Virginia Tech 73
- Jan 25, 2020 - Boston College 61 vs. Virginia Tech 56
- Jan 05, 2019 - Virginia Tech 77 vs. Boston College 66
- Jan 31, 2018 - Virginia Tech 85 vs. Boston College 80
- Feb 25, 2017 - Virginia Tech 91 vs. Boston College 75
- Jan 29, 2017 - Virginia Tech 85 vs. Boston College 79
- Feb 23, 2016 - Virginia Tech 71 vs. Boston College 56
Injury Report for Boston CollegeNo Injury Information
Injury Report for Virginia Tech
- Jalen Haynes: Out (Undisclosed)