Boston College @ Clemson
Current Records: Boston College 6-8; Clemson 10-6
What to Know
The Boston College Eagles are 0-7 against the Clemson Tigers since February of 2016, but they'll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Saturday. The Eagles and Clemson will face off in an ACC battle at 6:30 p.m. ET at Littlejohn Coliseum. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
BC was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap on Wednesday as they fell 81-76 to the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. A silver lining for BC was the play of forward Quinten Post, who had 24 points in addition to nine boards. Post had some trouble finding his footing against the Pittsburgh Panthers on Saturday, so this was a step in the right direction. Post's points were the most he has had all season.
Meanwhile, Clemson received a tough blow on Wednesday as they fell 72-56 to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. Guard Al-Amir Dawes wasn't much of a difference maker for Clemson; Dawes played for 30 minutes but put up just six points on 2-for-11 shooting.
The Eagles are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Albany Great Danes Dec. 13 easily too and instead slipped up with a 61-57. In other words, don't count the Tigers out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 6:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Littlejohn Coliseum -- Clemson, South Carolina
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $17.95
The Tigers are a big 10-point favorite against the Eagles, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 10-point spread, and stayed right there.
Clemson have won all of the games they've played against Boston College in the last eight years.
- Feb 22, 2020 - Clemson 82 vs. Boston College 64
- Feb 23, 2019 - Clemson 76 vs. Boston College 66
- Mar 08, 2018 - Clemson 90 vs. Boston College 82
- Jan 03, 2018 - Clemson 74 vs. Boston College 70
- Mar 04, 2017 - Clemson 82 vs. Boston College 68
- Mar 05, 2016 - Clemson 66 vs. Boston College 50
- Feb 17, 2016 - Clemson 65 vs. Boston College 54