Pacific @ Gonzaga
Current Records: Pacific 7-16; Gonzaga 19-2
What to Know
The Pacific Tigers lost both of their matches to the #2 Gonzaga Bulldogs last season on scores of 49-95 and 58-76, so they're hoping to turn the tables this season. Pacific's road trip will continue as they head to McCarthey Athletic Center at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday to face off against the Bulldogs. Gonzaga will be strutting in after a victory while Pacific will be stumbling in from a defeat.
Pacific was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap on Tuesday as they fell 74-68 to the Southern California Trojans. The losing side was boosted by guard Alphonso Anderson, who had 22 points along with nine boards.
Meanwhile, everything came up roses for Gonzaga on the road against the Brigham Young Cougars on Saturday as the squad secured a 90-57 win. It was another big night for the Bulldogs' center Chet Holmgren, who posted a double-double on 20 points and 17 rebounds in addition to six assists. That makes it three consecutive games in which Holmgren has had at least 11 rebounds.
The Tigers are the clear underdogs, so they're hoping it's the size of the fight that determines this one. Those who got lucky with them against the spread on Tuesday might want to hold off on placing bets this time since the team has yet to string together back-to-back wins against the spread.
Pacific is now 7-16 while Gonzaga sits at 19-2. Two offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Pacific has only been able to knock down 41.40% percent of their shots, which is the 42nd lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. Gonzaga's offense has more to brag about, as they they come into the contest boasting the most points per game in college basketball at 90.9. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: McCarthey Athletic Center -- Spokane, Washington
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
The Bulldogs are a big 32-point favorite against the Tigers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Bulldogs as a 33-point favorite.
Gonzaga have won all of the games they've played against Pacific in the last eight years.
- Feb 04, 2021 - Gonzaga 76 vs. Pacific 58
- Jan 23, 2021 - Gonzaga 95 vs. Pacific 49
- Jan 25, 2020 - Gonzaga 92 vs. Pacific 59
- Feb 28, 2019 - Gonzaga 86 vs. Pacific 66
- Jan 10, 2019 - Gonzaga 67 vs. Pacific 36
- Feb 08, 2018 - Gonzaga 71 vs. Pacific 61
- Dec 28, 2017 - Gonzaga 81 vs. Pacific 48
- Mar 04, 2017 - Gonzaga 82 vs. Pacific 50
- Feb 18, 2017 - Gonzaga 82 vs. Pacific 61
- Dec 31, 2016 - Gonzaga 81 vs. Pacific 61
- Feb 18, 2016 - Gonzaga 90 vs. Pacific 68
- Jan 23, 2016 - Gonzaga 71 vs. Pacific 61
Injury Report for Gonzaga
- Dominick Harris: Game-Time Decision (Foot)
- Kaden Perry: Game-Time Decision (Back)
Injury Report for Pacific
- Greg Outlaw: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)