Syracuse @ Miami (Fla.)
Current Records: Syracuse 7-6; Miami (Fla.) 11-3
What to Know
The Miami (Fla.) Hurricanes' homestand continues as they prepare to take on the Syracuse Orange at 8 p.m. ET Jan. 5 at Watsco Center. The Hurricanes will be strutting in after a victory while 'Cuse will be stumbling in from a loss.
Miami (Fla.) bagged a 92-84 win over the Wake Forest Demon Deacons on Saturday. Miami (Fla.) relied on the efforts of guard Charlie Moore, who had 18 points and seven assists, and guard Isaiah Wong, who had 25 points.
Meanwhile, 'Cuse was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap on Saturday as they fell 74-69 to the Virginia Cavaliers. The losing side was boosted by guard Buddy Boeheim, who shot 5-for-10 from downtown and finished with 27 points and five dimes.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Miami (Fla.) is expected to win a tight contest on Wednesday. But bettors beware: they are only 3-7 against the spread when favored.
The Hurricanes are now 11-3 while the Orange sit at 7-6. A pair of defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Miami (Fla.) has allowed their opponents to shoot 45.70% from the floor on average, which is the 33rd highest shooting percentage allowed in college basketball. 'Cuse has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the matchup with the 32nd most points allowed per game in college basketball, having given up 75.6 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Watsco Center -- Coral Gables, Florida
- TV: ACC Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Hurricanes are a slight 2-point favorite against the Orange, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2-point spread, and stayed right there.
Syracuse have won four out of their last seven games against Miami (Fla.).
- Jan 19, 2021 - Syracuse 83 vs. Miami (Fla.) 57
- Mar 07, 2020 - Miami (Fla.) 69 vs. Syracuse 65
- Jan 24, 2019 - Syracuse 73 vs. Miami (Fla.) 53
- Feb 17, 2018 - Syracuse 62 vs. Miami (Fla.) 55
- Mar 08, 2017 - Miami (Fla.) 62 vs. Syracuse 57
- Jan 04, 2017 - Syracuse 70 vs. Miami (Fla.) 55
- Jan 02, 2016 - Miami (Fla.) 64 vs. Syracuse 51
Injury Report for Miami (Fla.)
- Harlond Beverly: Out for the Season (Back)
- Jakai Robinson: Out (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Syracuse
- Niko Ruffin: Game-Time Decision (Lower Leg)