No. 18 Brigham Young @ Utah
Current Records: Brigham Young 5-0; Utah 5-0
What to Know
The #18 Brigham Young Cougars have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the Utah Utes at 9:30 p.m. ET this past Saturday at Jon M. Huntsman Center. Both teams come into the game bolstered by wins in their previous games.
The Cougars have more to be thankful for after their matchup against the Texas Southern Tigers this past Wednesday. BYU enjoyed a cozy 81-64 win over Texas Southern. BYU can attribute much of their success to guard Te'Jon Lucas, who had 18 points and seven assists.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the contest between Utah and the Tulsa Golden Hurricane last week was still a pretty decisive one as Utah wrapped it up with a 72-58 victory. Five players on the Utes scored in the double digits: center Branden Carlson (15), guard David Jenkins Jr. (13), guard Rollie Worster (12), guard Lazar Stefanovic (12), and guard Both Gach (11).
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Cougars are expected to win a tight contest. Those burned by picking them against the spread this past Wednesday might want to keep in mind that the team has not yet dropped back-to-back games against the spread this season.
BYU had enough points to win and then some against Utah when the two teams previously met in December of last year, taking their matchup 82-64. The rematch might be a little tougher for BYU since the squad won't have home-court advantage. We'll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 9:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Jon M. Huntsman Center -- Salt Lake City, Utah
- TV: Pac-12 Networks
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $49.49
The Cougars are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Utes, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Cougars as a 1-point favorite.
Brigham Young have won three out of their last five games against Utah.
- Dec 12, 2020 - Brigham Young 82 vs. Utah 64
- Dec 04, 2019 - Utah 102 vs. Brigham Young 95
- Dec 08, 2018 - Brigham Young 74 vs. Utah 59
- Dec 16, 2017 - Brigham Young 77 vs. Utah 65
- Dec 02, 2015 - Utah 83 vs. Brigham Young 75
Injury Report for Utah
- Marco Anthony: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Gabe Madsen: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Bostyn Holt: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Brigham Young
- Richard Harward: Out (Illness)