Mercer @ VMI
Current Records: Mercer 13-12; VMI 14-10
What to Know
The Mercer Bears are 11-2 against the VMI Keydets since January of 2016, and they'll have a chance to extend that success Thursday. Mercer and VMI will face off in a Southern battle at 7 p.m. ET at Cameron Hall. The Keydets will be strutting in after a win while Mercer will be stumbling in from a defeat.
It was close but no cigar for Mercer as they fell 74-72 to the Chattanooga Mocs on Monday.
Meanwhile, VMI was able to grind out a solid victory over the Western Carolina Catamounts last week, winning 76-69.
The Bears are expected to lose this next one by 5. They are currently three-for-three against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Mercer's loss took them down to 13-12 while VMI's win pulled them up to 14-10. We'll see if Mercer can steal the Keydets' luck or if VMI records another win instead.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Cameron Hall -- Lexington, Virginia
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Keydets are a 5-point favorite against the Bears, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Mercer have won 11 out of their last 13 games against VMI.
- Jan 13, 2022 - Mercer 97 vs. VMI 91
- Mar 07, 2021 - Mercer 73 vs. VMI 59
- Jan 23, 2021 - Mercer 83 vs. VMI 80
- Jan 25, 2020 - Mercer 69 vs. VMI 66
- Jan 15, 2020 - Mercer 73 vs. VMI 62
- Feb 28, 2019 - VMI 84 vs. Mercer 71
- Jan 24, 2019 - Mercer 88 vs. VMI 68
- Feb 15, 2018 - Mercer 82 vs. VMI 58
- Jan 18, 2018 - Mercer 62 vs. VMI 56
- Feb 09, 2017 - Mercer 81 vs. VMI 51
- Jan 05, 2017 - Mercer 68 vs. VMI 50
- Feb 25, 2016 - VMI 91 vs. Mercer 82
- Jan 28, 2016 - Mercer 73 vs. VMI 58