Utah @ Washington State
Current Records: Utah 8-12; Washington State 10-7
What to Know
The Utah Utes have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. Utah and the Washington State Cougars will face off in a Pac-12 battle at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Wallis Beasley Performing Arts Coliseum. Washington State should still be riding high after a victory, while the Utes will be looking to right the ship.
The game between Utah and the Southern California Trojans on Saturday was not particularly close, with Utah falling 79-67. A silver lining for Utah was the play of guard Gabe Madsen, who shot 5-for-11 from beyond the arc and finished with 20 points.
Meanwhile, the Cougars beat the California Golden Bears 65-57 last week. Forward Andrej Jakimovski (16 points) was the top scorer for Washington State. Jakimovski hadn't helped his team much against the Stanford Cardinal two weeks ago, so this was a nice turnaround for him. Andrej Jakimovski's points were the most he has had all season.
The Utes are expected to lose this next one by 7.5. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on Utah's opponents whenever they hit the road.
Utah is now 8-12 while the Cougars sit at 10-7. Washington State is 4-5 after wins this year, and Utah is 3-8 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Wallis Beasley Performing Arts Coliseum -- Pullman, Washington
- TV: Pac-12 Networks
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $21.99
The Cougars are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Utes, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Cougars as an 8.5-point favorite.
Utah have won ten out of their last 11 games against Washington State.
- Jan 08, 2022 - Washington State 77 vs. Utah 61
- Jan 21, 2021 - Utah 71 vs. Washington State 56
- Jan 25, 2020 - Utah 76 vs. Washington State 64
- Feb 23, 2019 - Utah 92 vs. Washington State 79
- Jan 12, 2019 - Utah 88 vs. Washington State 70
- Feb 17, 2018 - Utah 77 vs. Washington State 70
- Jan 21, 2018 - Utah 82 vs. Washington State 69
- Feb 09, 2017 - Utah 74 vs. Washington State 70
- Jan 18, 2017 - Utah 88 vs. Washington State 47
- Feb 14, 2016 - Utah 88 vs. Washington State 47
- Jan 21, 2016 - Utah 92 vs. Washington State 71
Injury Report for Washington State
- Matt DeWolf: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- DJ Rodman: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Tony Miller: Out (Shoulder)
- Dishon Jackson: Out (Undisclosed)
- Myles Rice: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Utah
- Branden Carlson: Game-Time Decision (Abdomen)
- Bostyn Holt: Out for the Season (Knee)