Indiana State @ Illinois State
Current Records: Indiana State 11-19; Illinois State 11-20
What to Know
The Illinois State Redbirds have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Indiana State Sycamores and are hoping to record their first win since Feb. 8 of 2020. Illinois State and Indiana State will face off in a Missouri Valley battle at 4 p.m. ET Saturday at Redbird Arena. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they'll have plenty of motivation to get the 'W.'
A victory for the Redbirds just wasn't in the stars on Wednesday as the squad never even grasped a temporary lead. They ended up on the wrong side of a painful 90-69 walloping at the Southern Illinois Salukis' hands. Illinois State's loss came about despite a quality game from guard Antonio Reeves, who had 18 points. Reeves had some trouble finding his footing against the Loyola Chicago Ramblers on Monday, so this was a step in the right direction.
Meanwhile, Indiana State was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap on Wednesday as they fell 88-82 to the Northern Iowa Panthers. A silver lining for Indiana State was the play of guard Cameron Henry, who had 23 points and seven assists.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Illinois State is expected to win a tight contest. But bettors beware: they are only 3-6-1 against the spread when favored.
The Redbirds were close but no cigar in the teams' previous meeting earlier this month as they fell 60-57 to the Sycamores. Maybe Illinois State will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the contest and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 4 p.m. ET
- Where: Redbird Arena -- Normal, Illinois
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Redbirds are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Sycamores, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Redbirds as a 3-point favorite.
Indiana State have won eight out of their last 15 games against Illinois State.
- Feb 12, 2022 - Indiana State 60 vs. Illinois State 57
- Jan 17, 2021 - Indiana State 74 vs. Illinois State 68
- Jan 16, 2021 - Indiana State 73 vs. Illinois State 65
- Feb 08, 2020 - Illinois State 74 vs. Indiana State 67
- Jan 11, 2020 - Indiana State 65 vs. Illinois State 52
- Feb 20, 2019 - Indiana State 73 vs. Illinois State 50
- Jan 27, 2019 - Illinois State 76 vs. Indiana State 62
- Mar 02, 2018 - Illinois State 77 vs. Indiana State 70
- Jan 20, 2018 - Indiana State 84 vs. Illinois State 54
- Dec 31, 2017 - Illinois State 84 vs. Indiana State 81
- Jan 25, 2017 - Illinois State 71 vs. Indiana State 66
- Jan 07, 2017 - Illinois State 77 vs. Indiana State 58
- Mar 04, 2016 - Indiana State 65 vs. Illinois State 57
- Feb 17, 2016 - Illinois State 78 vs. Indiana State 50
- Jan 09, 2016 - Indiana State 77 vs. Illinois State 65
Injury Report for Illinois State
- Emon Washington: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Sy Chatman: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Indiana State
- Tyreke Key: Out for the Season (Shoulder)