Niagara @ Iona
Current Records: Niagara 7-7; Iona 13-3
What to Know
After a two-game homestand, the Niagara Purple Eagles will be on the road. Niagara and the Iona Gaels will face off in an MAAC battle at 1 p.m. ET Sunday at Hynes Athletics Center. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
The Purple Eagles beat the Canisius Golden Griffins 68-58 this past Thursday.
Meanwhile, Iona strolled past the Manhattan Jaspers with points to spare this past Friday, taking the contest 88-76.
Niagara is expected to lose this next one by 9.5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 3-0 against the spread when expected to lose.
Niagara was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap when the two teams previously met in March of last year as they fell 70-64 to Iona. The defeat knocked the Purple Eagles out of the playoffs, so expect them to come at the Gaels with a vengeful fire.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Hynes Athletics Center -- New Rochelle, New York
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $27.50
The Gaels are a big 9.5-point favorite against the Purple Eagles, according to the latest college basketball odds.
Bettors have moved against the Gaels slightly, as the game opened with the Gaels as a 12-point favorite.
Iona have won six out of their last 11 games against Niagara.
- Mar 12, 2021 - Iona 70 vs. Niagara 64
- Feb 29, 2020 - Niagara 100 vs. Iona 91
- Jan 12, 2020 - Niagara 70 vs. Iona 69
- Feb 10, 2019 - Iona 79 vs. Niagara 76
- Jan 11, 2019 - Niagara 95 vs. Iona 90
- Feb 16, 2018 - Niagara 85 vs. Iona 84
- Dec 29, 2017 - Iona 98 vs. Niagara 93
- Feb 12, 2017 - Iona 90 vs. Niagara 76
- Dec 04, 2016 - Niagara 74 vs. Iona 58
- Feb 07, 2016 - Iona 75 vs. Niagara 61
- Jan 04, 2016 - Iona 65 vs. Niagara 52