Missouri State @ Loyola Chicago
Current Records: Missouri State 14-6; Loyola Chicago 14-2
What to Know
The #22 Loyola Chicago Ramblers won both of their matches against the Missouri State Bears last season (72-46 and 70-50) and are aiming for the same result Saturday. Loyola Chicago and MSU will face off in a Missouri Valley battle at 3:30 p.m. ET at Joseph J. Gentile Center. These two teams are strolling into their contest after big wins in their previous games.
The Ramblers took their game against the Evansville Aces on Tuesday by a conclusive 77-48 score. Guard Lucas Williamson (15 points) was the top scorer for Loyola Chicago.
Meanwhile, everything went MSU's way against the Illinois State Redbirds on Wednesday as they made off with an 88-63 win. It was another big night for MSU's guard Isiaih Mosley, who had 24 points.
Loyola Chicago is the favorite in this one, with an expected 8-point margin of victory. Their home court has been no bettor's paradise, though, as they've failed to beat the spread in five of their eight home games.
The Ramblers are now 14-2 while the Bears sit at 14-6. A couple offensive stats to keep an eye on: Loyola Chicago enters the matchup with a 50.20% field goal percentage, good for third best in college basketball. MSU is not quite as good, but they are no chumps, either: they rank 16th in college basketball when it comes to field goal percentage, with 49% on the season. This one is shaping up to be an exciting offensive shootout.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Joseph J. Gentile Center -- Chicago, Illinois
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
The Ramblers are a big 8-point favorite against the Bears, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Ramblers as a 7-point favorite.
Loyola Chicago and Missouri State both have six wins in their last 12 games.
- Feb 01, 2021 - Loyola Chicago 70 vs. Missouri State 50
- Jan 31, 2021 - Loyola Chicago 72 vs. Missouri State 46
- Feb 22, 2020 - Missouri State 74 vs. Loyola Chicago 62
- Jan 04, 2020 - Loyola Chicago 62 vs. Missouri State 58
- Feb 17, 2019 - Missouri State 65 vs. Loyola Chicago 61
- Jan 23, 2019 - Missouri State 70 vs. Loyola Chicago 35
- Feb 03, 2018 - Loyola Chicago 97 vs. Missouri State 75
- Dec 22, 2017 - Missouri State 64 vs. Loyola Chicago 59
- Jan 31, 2017 - Missouri State 82 vs. Loyola Chicago 81
- Jan 15, 2017 - Loyola Chicago 77 vs. Missouri State 71
- Feb 21, 2016 - Loyola Chicago 75 vs. Missouri State 62
- Jan 09, 2016 - Missouri State 56 vs. Loyola Chicago 54
Injury Report for Loyola ChicagoNo Injury Information
Injury Report for Missouri State
- Demarcus Sharp: Game-Time Decision (Lower Leg)