UNCG @ Mercer
Current Records: UNCG 10-6; Mercer 9-7
What to Know
The Mercer Bears have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the UNCG Spartans and are hoping to record their first win since Feb. 17 of 2018. The Bears and UNCG will face off in a Southern battle at 2 p.m. ET Saturday at Hawkins Arena. Mercer should still be riding high after a victory, while UNCG will be looking to right the ship.
The VMI Keydets typically have all the answers at home, but on Thursday Mercer proved too difficult a challenge. Mercer managed a 97-91 win over the Keydets.
Meanwhile, the Spartans were within striking distance but couldn't close the gap on Thursday as they fell 74-69 to the The Citadel Bulldogs.
The Bears are the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Mercer, who are 7-7 against the spread.
Mercer came up short against UNCG when the two teams previously met in March of last year, falling 69-61. The loss knocked Mercer out of the playoffs, so expect them to come at UNCG with a vengeful fire.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Hawkins Arena -- Macon, Georgia
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Bears are a 3.5-point favorite against the Spartans, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Bears, as the game opened with the Bears as a 1.5-point favorite.
UNCG have won 11 out of their last 13 games against Mercer.
- Mar 08, 2021 - UNCG 69 vs. Mercer 61
- Feb 13, 2021 - UNCG 77 vs. Mercer 74
- Jan 27, 2021 - UNCG 81 vs. Mercer 68
- Feb 15, 2020 - UNCG 67 vs. Mercer 55
- Jan 01, 2020 - UNCG 72 vs. Mercer 63
- Mar 02, 2019 - UNCG 74 vs. Mercer 47
- Jan 26, 2019 - UNCG 88 vs. Mercer 81
- Feb 17, 2018 - Mercer 77 vs. UNCG 74
- Jan 20, 2018 - UNCG 70 vs. Mercer 66
- Feb 22, 2017 - UNCG 72 vs. Mercer 66
- Jan 19, 2017 - UNCG 68 vs. Mercer 66
- Feb 28, 2016 - UNCG 69 vs. Mercer 65
- Jan 30, 2016 - Mercer 81 vs. UNCG 67