Nebraska @ Michigan State
Current Records: Nebraska 6-8; Michigan State 12-2
What to Know
The Nebraska Cornhuskers have enjoyed the comforts of home their last three games, but now they must head out on the road. The Cornhuskers and the #10 Michigan State Spartans will face off in a Big Ten battle at 7 p.m. ET Wednesday at Jack Breslin Student Events Center. Nebraska has been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Spartans and is hoping to record their first victory since Jan. 20 of 2016.
Nebraska came up short against the Ohio State Buckeyes on Sunday, falling 87-79. Forward Derrick Walker put forth a good effort for the losing side as he posted a double-double on 15 points and ten boards.
Meanwhile, MSU didn't have too much breathing room in their game with the Northwestern Wildcats on Sunday, but they still walked away with a 73-67 win. MSU got double-digit scores from four players: forward Gabe Brown (20), forward Marcus Bingham Jr. (13), guard Max Christie (11), and forward Joey Hauser (10).
Nebraska is the clear underdog, so they're hoping it's the size of the fight that determines this one. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
The Cornhuskers are now 6-8 while the Spartans sit at 12-2. A couple defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Nebraska is stumbling into the contest with the 16th most points allowed per game in college basketball, having given up 77.1 on average. MSU's defense has more to brag about, as they they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 38.80%, which places them 33rd in college basketball. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Jack Breslin Student Events Center -- East Lansing, Michigan
- TV: Big Ten Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $11.97
The Spartans are a big 15.5-point favorite against the Cornhuskers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Spartans as a 16-point favorite.
Michigan State have won eight out of their last nine games against Nebraska.
- Feb 06, 2021 - Michigan State 66 vs. Nebraska 56
- Jan 02, 2021 - Michigan State 84 vs. Nebraska 77
- Feb 20, 2020 - Michigan State 86 vs. Nebraska 65
- Mar 05, 2019 - Michigan State 91 vs. Nebraska 76
- Jan 17, 2019 - Michigan State 70 vs. Nebraska 64
- Dec 03, 2017 - Michigan State 86 vs. Nebraska 57
- Feb 23, 2017 - Michigan State 88 vs. Nebraska 72
- Feb 02, 2017 - Michigan State 72 vs. Nebraska 61
- Jan 20, 2016 - Nebraska 72 vs. Michigan State 71