Texas @ Oklahoma
Current Records: Texas 18-7; Oklahoma 14-11
What to Know
The #20 Texas Longhorns and the Oklahoma Sooners will face off in a Big 12 clash at 7 p.m. ET Feb. 15 at Lloyd Noble Center. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they'll have plenty of motivation to get the 'W.'
This past Saturday, Texas lost to the Baylor Bears on the road by a decisive 80-63 margin.
Oklahoma lost a heartbreaker to the Kansas Jayhawks when they met in January, and they left with a heavy heart again this past Saturday. It was close but no cigar for the Sooners as they fell 71-69 to Kansas. Oklahoma's defeat shouldn't obscure the performances of guard Jordan Goldwire, who had 20 points, and forward Tanner Groves, who had 19 points and five assists. Groves hadn't helped his team much against the Texas Tech Red Raiders last Wednesday, so this was a nice turnaround for him.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Texas is expected to win a tight contest Tuesday. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on Texas' opponents whenever they hit the road.
The Longhorns are now 18-7 while the Sooners sit at 14-11. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: Texas comes into the matchup boasting the 31st most takeaways per game in college basketball at 15.7. Less enviably, Oklahoma is stumbling into the contest with the 31st most turnovers per game in college basketball, having accrued 14.7 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Lloyd Noble Center -- Norman, Oklahoma
- TV: ESPN2
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $9.00
The Longhorns are a slight 1-point favorite against the Sooners, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Longhorns as a 1.5-point favorite.
Texas have won eight out of their last 13 games against Oklahoma.
- Jan 11, 2022 - Texas 66 vs. Oklahoma 52
- Mar 04, 2021 - Texas 69 vs. Oklahoma 65
- Jan 26, 2021 - Oklahoma 80 vs. Texas 79
- Mar 03, 2020 - Texas 52 vs. Oklahoma 51
- Jan 08, 2020 - Oklahoma 72 vs. Texas 62
- Feb 23, 2019 - Oklahoma 69 vs. Texas 67
- Jan 19, 2019 - Texas 75 vs. Oklahoma 72
- Feb 17, 2018 - Texas 77 vs. Oklahoma 66
- Feb 03, 2018 - Texas 79 vs. Oklahoma 74
- Feb 14, 2017 - Oklahoma 70 vs. Texas 66
- Jan 23, 2017 - Texas 84 vs. Oklahoma 83
- Feb 27, 2016 - Texas 76 vs. Oklahoma 63
- Feb 08, 2016 - Oklahoma 63 vs. Texas 60