Purdue @ Penn State
Current Records: Purdue 12-2; Penn State 7-5
What to Know
The #3 Purdue Boilermakers won both of their matches against the Penn State Nittany Lions last season (80-72 and 73-52) and are aiming for the same result Saturday. Purdue and Penn State will face off in a Big Ten battle at noon ET at Bryce Jordan Center. The Boilermakers won't have the home-court advantage, but they do enjoy a 9.5-point advantage in the spread.
Purdue entered their game against the Wisconsin Badgers on Monday without any home losses -- but there's a first time for everything. Purdue was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap as they fell 74-69 to Wisconsin. What made the defeat an especially bitter pill for Purdue to swallow was that they had been favored by 12.5 points coming into the matchup. Center Zach Edey put forth a good effort for the losing side as he posted a double-double on 24 points and ten boards.
Meanwhile, the Nittany Lions came out on top in a nail-biter against the Northwestern Wildcats on Wednesday, sneaking past 74-70. Penn State can attribute much of their success to forward Seth Lundy, who shot 5-for-9 from downtown and finished with 23 points.
Purdue is now 12-2 while Penn State sits at 7-5. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Purdue is 15th worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only 10.6 on average. The Nittany Lions have experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the contest with the 357th fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only nine on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 12 p.m. ET
- Where: Bryce Jordan Center -- University Park, Pennsylvania
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $30.00
The Boilermakers are a big 9.5-point favorite against the Nittany Lions, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Boilermakers as an 8.5-point favorite.
Purdue have won nine out of their last ten games against Penn State.
- Feb 26, 2021 - Purdue 73 vs. Penn State 52
- Jan 17, 2021 - Purdue 80 vs. Penn State 72
- Feb 11, 2020 - Penn State 88 vs. Purdue 76
- Feb 16, 2019 - Purdue 76 vs. Penn State 64
- Jan 31, 2019 - Purdue 99 vs. Penn State 90
- Mar 03, 2018 - Purdue 78 vs. Penn State 70
- Feb 18, 2018 - Purdue 76 vs. Penn State 73
- Feb 21, 2017 - Purdue 74 vs. Penn State 70
- Jan 21, 2017 - Purdue 77 vs. Penn State 52
- Jan 13, 2016 - Purdue 74 vs. Penn State 57
Injury Report for Penn State
- Jevonnie Scott: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Purdue
- Trey Kaufman-Renn: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Brian Waddell: Out for the Season (Knee)