Maryland @ Purdue
Current Records: Maryland 11-13; Purdue 21-3
What to Know
The Maryland Terrapins and the #3 Purdue Boilermakers are set to square off in a Big Ten matchup at 1 p.m. ET Feb. 13 at Mackey Arena. The teams split their matchups last year, with the Boilermakers winning the first 73-70 at home and Maryland taking the second 61-60.
The Terrapins found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unpleasant 110-87 punch to the gut against the Iowa Hawkeyes this past Thursday. One thing holding Maryland back was the mediocre play of guard Eric Ayala, who did not have his best game: he finished with only nine points on 4-for-14 shooting in his 29 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Purdue has to be aching after a bruising 82-58 loss to the Michigan Wolverines this past Thursday. Guard Jaden Ivey (18 points) was the top scorer for Purdue.
Maryland is the clear underdog, so they're hoping it's the size of the fight that determines this one. Now might not be the best time to take the Terrapins against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
With both teams hitting sour notes in their previous games, they will no doubt be looking to produce a better outcome in this one. If the Boilermakers want to win Sunday, they will need to focus on stopping Maryland's guard Fatts Russell, who had 20 points and six assists, and guard Hakim Hart, who had 19 points. We'll see whether or not they are up to the challenge.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Mackey Arena -- West Lafayette, Indiana
- TV: CBS
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $68.44
The Boilermakers are a big 15.5-point favorite against the Terrapins, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 15.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Purdue have won six out of their last ten games against Maryland.
- Feb 02, 2021 - Maryland 61 vs. Purdue 60
- Dec 25, 2020 - Purdue 73 vs. Maryland 70
- Jan 18, 2020 - Maryland 57 vs. Purdue 50
- Feb 12, 2019 - Maryland 70 vs. Purdue 56
- Dec 06, 2018 - Purdue 62 vs. Maryland 60
- Jan 31, 2018 - Purdue 75 vs. Maryland 67
- Dec 01, 2017 - Purdue 80 vs. Maryland 75
- Feb 04, 2017 - Purdue 73 vs. Maryland 72
- Feb 27, 2016 - Purdue 83 vs. Maryland 79
- Feb 06, 2016 - Maryland 72 vs. Purdue 61
Injury Report for Purdue
- Trey Kaufman-Renn: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Brian Waddell: Out for the Season (Knee)