Bradley @ Drake
Current Records: Bradley 8-10; Drake 13-5
What to Know
The Drake Bulldogs and the Bradley Braves will face off in a Missouri Valley clash at 8 p.m. ET Jan. 19 at Knapp Center. The teams split their matchups last year, with Drake winning the first 80-71 and Bradley taking the second 67-61.
The Southern Illinois Salukis typically have all the answers at home, but on Monday the Bulldogs proved too difficult a challenge. Drake escaped with a win by the margin of a single free throw, 60-59. Their guard Garrett Sturtz did his thing and had 16 points in addition to eight boards.
Meanwhile, Bradley came up short against the Illinois State Redbirds on Sunday, falling 74-65. Despite the defeat, Bradley had strong showings from guard Terry Roberts, who shot 5-for-10 from beyond the arc and finished with 22 points and five rebounds, and forward Rienk Mast, who posted a double-double on 17 points and ten boards.
The Bulldogs are the favorite in this one, with an expected 6.5-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are only 3-9 against the spread when favored.
When the two teams previously met in February of last year, Drake was in the race but had to settle for second with a 67-61 finish. Maybe they will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the game and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Knapp Center -- Des Moines, Iowa
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Bulldogs are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Braves, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Bulldogs as a 7-point favorite.
Bradley have won eight out of their last 15 games against Drake.
- Feb 27, 2021 - Bradley 67 vs. Drake 61
- Feb 26, 2021 - Drake 80 vs. Bradley 71
- Mar 07, 2020 - Bradley 76 vs. Drake 66
- Feb 05, 2020 - Drake 73 vs. Bradley 60
- Dec 31, 2019 - Bradley 80 vs. Drake 72
- Feb 19, 2019 - Drake 77 vs. Bradley 68
- Jan 16, 2019 - Drake 69 vs. Bradley 52
- Mar 02, 2018 - Bradley 63 vs. Drake 61
- Feb 03, 2018 - Drake 78 vs. Bradley 68
- Dec 28, 2017 - Drake 66 vs. Bradley 64
- Mar 02, 2017 - Bradley 67 vs. Drake 58
- Feb 25, 2017 - Bradley 82 vs. Drake 74
- Feb 04, 2017 - Bradley 79 vs. Drake 72
- Feb 20, 2016 - Bradley 73 vs. Drake 70
- Jan 30, 2016 - Drake 80 vs. Bradley 70
Injury Report for Drake
- ShanQuan Hemphill: Game-Time Decision (Rest)
- Roman Penn: Out (Foot)