Stanford @ Oregon
Current Records: Stanford 14-9; Oregon 15-7
What to Know
The Stanford Cardinal have enjoyed the comforts of home their last four games, but now they must head out on the road. The Cardinal and the Oregon Ducks will face off in a Pac-12 battle at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday at Matthew Knight Arena. Oregon should still be riding high after a victory, while Stanford will be looking to get back in the win column.
Stanford came up short against the UCLA Bruins on Tuesday, falling 79-70. A silver lining for Stanford was the play of forward Spencer Jones, who had 22 points.
Meanwhile, Oregon sure made it a nail-biter, but they managed to escape with an 80-77 win over the Utah Utes on Saturday. It was another big night for the Ducks' guard Will Richardson, who shot 5-for-7 from beyond the arc and finished with 25 points and five assists.
The Cardinal are expected to lose this next one by 8.5. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on Stanford's opponents whenever they hit the road.
Stanford came out on top in a nail-biter against Oregon in the teams' previous meeting last December, sneaking past 72-69. The rematch might be a little tougher for Stanford since the squad won't have home-court advantage. We'll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Matthew Knight Arena -- Eugene, Oregon
- TV: ESPN2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Ducks are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Cardinal, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 8.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Oregon have won seven out of their last 11 games against Stanford.
- Dec 12, 2021 - Stanford 72 vs. Oregon 69
- Feb 25, 2021 - Oregon 71 vs. Stanford 68
- Jan 02, 2021 - Oregon 73 vs. Stanford 56
- Mar 07, 2020 - Oregon 80 vs. Stanford 67
- Feb 01, 2020 - Stanford 70 vs. Oregon 60
- Feb 10, 2019 - Oregon 69 vs. Stanford 46
- Feb 03, 2018 - Stanford 96 vs. Oregon 61
- Feb 25, 2017 - Oregon 75 vs. Stanford 73
- Jan 21, 2017 - Oregon 69 vs. Stanford 52
- Feb 13, 2016 - Stanford 76 vs. Oregon 72
- Jan 10, 2016 - Oregon 71 vs. Stanford 58
Injury Report for OregonNo Injury Information
Injury Report for Stanford
- Noah Taitz: Game-Time Decision (Lower Leg)
- Daniel Begovich: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)