La Salle @ Rhode Island
Current Records: La Salle 6-8; Rhode Island 11-4
What to Know
The Rhode Island Rams are 9-1 against the La Salle Explorers since January of 2016, and they'll have a chance to extend that success Wednesday. The Rams and La Salle will face off in an Atlantic 10 battle at 7 p.m. ET at Thomas M. Ryan Center. Rhode Island is out to keep their seven-game home win streak alive.
The Massachusetts Minutemen typically have all the answers at home, but this past Saturday Rhode Island proved too difficult a challenge. Rhode Island took down UMass 81-68. Rhode Island's success was spearheaded by the efforts of center Makhel Mitchell, who had 20 points along with five boards and four blocks, and guard Ishmael El-Amin, who had 16 points.
Meanwhile, after constant struggles on the road, the Explorers have finally found some success away from home. They enjoyed a cozy 75-64 victory over the Saint Joseph's Hawks on Monday. Four players on La Salle scored in the double digits: guard Jack Clark (21), guard Josh Nickelberry (19), forward Clifton Moore (16), and guard Khalil Brantley (10). That makes it three consecutive games in which Clifton Moore has had at least ten rebounds.
Rhode Island is the favorite in this one, with an expected 13-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (9-3), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Rhode Island is now 11-4 while La Salle sits at 6-8. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Rams have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 37.10%, which places them fourth in college basketball. Less enviably, the Explorers have only been able to knock down 41.40% percent of their shots, which is the 46th lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. So the cards are definitely stacked against La Salle.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Thomas M. Ryan Center -- Kingston, Rhode Island
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Rams are a big 13-point favorite against the Explorers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 13-point spread, and stayed right there.
Rhode Island have won nine out of their last ten games against La Salle.
- Jan 27, 2021 - Rhode Island 73 vs. La Salle 60
- Jan 18, 2020 - Rhode Island 66 vs. La Salle 63
- Mar 14, 2019 - Rhode Island 76 vs. La Salle 57
- Jan 19, 2019 - Rhode Island 78 vs. La Salle 67
- Feb 20, 2018 - Rhode Island 95 vs. La Salle 93
- Jan 03, 2018 - Rhode Island 74 vs. La Salle 62
- Feb 21, 2017 - Rhode Island 67 vs. La Salle 56
- Jan 12, 2017 - La Salle 87 vs. Rhode Island 75
- Feb 06, 2016 - Rhode Island 79 vs. La Salle 62
- Jan 16, 2016 - Rhode Island 73 vs. La Salle 62